Unexpected and Forgivenss

Chloe's POV

"Bye, Guys! Come see us soon!" I call as I wave at the three leaving our house and walking down the driveway to their car. Jonah turns around to wave back and the smile on my face widens. As soon as they're in the car and driving off, I close the door behind me and waddle back to the kitchen, my body still annoyingly sore from last night but I would do it all again in a heart beat.

     I enter the kitchen and find Alex leaning against the sink, head down as he obviously thinks about something. I walk over to him and place my chin on his chest so that the two of us are nose to nose.

     "So...?" I ask jumping beside myself, anxious to know what's going one with Jonah and who exactly he is. I would never ask the kid that, not knowing if it was something bad. The couple had stayed over for a little over an hour and my impatient ass is ready to know what's going on.

      Alex gets a little smirk on his face and I just know he's going to be difficult. "So..?" He answers back as if he has no clue what I'm talking about.

     "So, whats the deal? Who's Jonah and why did the two of them have the same clothes on from last night?" I ask, a worried crease forming in my brow.

    "That's a long story. Come on let's go in the living room you need to rest." He tells me and I comply, my back and ass aching rudely from last night. He takes my hand softly and pulls me behind him into the living room on to my favorite couch that has a blanket along the back.

    Alex sits on the couch and I follow, my back touching the arm rest as I let my legs swing over and land in his lap. He pulls the blanket from behind him and draped it over my lap carefully, once we're settled I turn my attention towards him expectedly and he finally begins.

As he tells the story my eyes mist up and my heart aches for the boy I've only spent an hour with as I also learn more about Cody and James. Once he's done I feel like a piece of my world had been torn down only to be built back stronger and bigger.

"I can't believe James had to go through that. And humans never can leave the little guy alone. I'm glad Cody was able to look past it. They're both so strong, not a lot of people could so what they did. It makes sense then, why they couldn't let Jonah go. The instant connection." I say looking up at Alex with sad eyes and he nods in agreement.

"They see themselves in Jonah. They already have that connection with each other and with us. It seems like trauma is the shared constant with our little group of misfits." He says with a frown and I let my hand come to hold his softly, not wanting him to be afraid for our kids.

"We'll break the cycle with our own kids. Everything is going to be okay, I promise. Like we said before, we'll give them what so many of us lost or never had: a family." I say and he smiles at me, the look full of adoration and happiness as he pulls me toward him for a sweet soft kiss.

"I love you, you know." He tells me and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I say dismissively and he scoff and tries to pull away but I don't let him, laughing at his antics. "I love you too." I tell him and he smiles once more. Before he can say anything else there's a knock on the door, the sound hesitant.

"Maybe James left something." He says and moves my legs softly to go answer the door. Playing with the new mental bond, I watch as he goes to the door, the feeling weird and new, and he leans down to open it only to reveal Briana.

I cringe into the couch, terrified she's only here to continue what she started but I see her pull out a bundle of cinnamon roses from behind her back and she looks up at Alex with a weak smile, her hair is messy and she looks sad as she does.