Worry and Disrespect

Alex's POV

My leg bounces in impatience as James and I wait for the rest of the Autumn Falls Committee to get here.

'Where the fuck is everyone? Chloe could be kneeling over and they're just lazying around?!' Tobias is freaking out internally, pacing through my mind with his nerves frayed and to be completely honest I'm no better.

Werewolves don't get sick unless you come in contact with raw silver, you're half human, or an omega like our Luna. Therefore many of us have never even had the common cold, so just the concept of Chloe being sick is fucking up my head big time. I don't even know how to treat a cut! How the hell am I supposed to help treat an illness?

     "Alex, I'm sure he's fine." James says, and I turn my head towards him with a scowl. "Don't give me that look, you forget Cody gets sick on occasion."

     I soften my feature apologetically. "What do I do James? What if it's not a Cold thingy and it's one of those things that doesn't want to go away like....like....Capricorn!" I say earnestly terrified out of my mind.

     James has the audacity to laugh in the face of my worry and it has Tobias growling. 'One of these days, I'm going to break Sloan's nails. Snarky bitch.'

     "Alex, do you mean Cancer?" He asks, voice full of amusement.

     "That too!" I exclaim, getting up from my chair to pace along the room. I travel the length of the table back and forth along the room, hands in my hair. I stop and lean my hands against the table as I stare James down, my brows heavily creased. "Why would he make me come here?"

     "Maybe because you're a fussy old lady who would be too scared to let Chloe breath? I don't know just shooting ideas out there." James says looking at me in disbelief.

     I groan in annoyance as I continue my pacing and look at the clock. No one is supposed to be here for another five minutes but would it kill them to get somewhere early for once. "I was not being fussy." I grumble at my best friend and he scoffs immediately.

     "You had a two minute conversation with Cody about all the stuff he needs to do and if he throws up to call the cops. That's fucking fussy."

     'You know, sometimes I wonder just how far my foot could fit up his ass.' Toby snarls, on the same impatient rampage as I am. 'I won't believe he's okay until he's cumming around my cock with tears down his face, other wise he must be sick.' He comments with a chuckle, getting off course of the matter at hand.

     'You realize he doesn't have to have sex to be okay right? He's more than that.' I say, immediately defending Chloe and ignoring every other bullshit comment that James is making out of his stupid mouth.

     'Of course I know that Alex. I wasn't the one that offered to fuck him during our first real meeting.' He says with a roll of his eyes. 'But it would be nice to fuck my Mate too.'

     I cringe at his words. He's only had the one time with Chloe and he's right, he deserves time too, and of course I should be the last one to chastise him about wanting to fuck our Mate.

     'Fine. I'll talk to Chloe about it.' I repent teeth gritted. My pacing and conversation come to a halt when the door to the meeting room finally flies open. I turn my head and breath a sigh of relief when the rest of the committee comes into the room together.

     I round the table with haste and settle back in my seat into the right side of the long table next to James at the end. Once everyone is in their seats, smiling and joking much to my annoyance, he starts the meeting.