Feelings and Destruction

Alex's POV

     "Aw come on, Zee! There's no way in hell you really thought that would work." I say disbelieving, and James laughs beside me as we all chill in Zee's office, lounging around after a decent meeting. David had gone missing for the first part, much to my satisfaction, always hating having the wolf around. What creeped me out however, was the overly friendly smile I was given when he can in and sat back in his seat which I tried to shake off.

      "You never know, Rain is up for some crazy shit!" She tries to defend herself but it's too late. The damage are already done as she sits in her lovers lap and we laugh at them.

     "The only person here that would let you put acrylics on them in this room is Sloan. I don't even know why you tried it with me." Rain grumbles to her blushing Mate in her lap and I shake my head at the thought.

     "You know, Alex, I've been meaning to talk to you about something." Zee says and James and immediately glance at each other never really being ones for her ideas or plans. "Oh don't look at each other like that, it's not even that bad." She scolds and James scoffs.

    "Says the person that tried to put nails on Rain in her sleep!" He says and I can't help but snicker, though the look on my friends face has me at least attempting to swallow it down.

     "Okay, okay, what did you want to talk to me about?" I say, trying to placate her and she beams at me completely unaware of her girlfriend rolling her eyes behind her.

      "Well, Cody and James go on a little mini vacation every month and Thomas and Ares have their date night every week. I was thinking maybe you and Chloe could do something to. And I think the best thing would be for you guys to take a trip to disney land!" She says excitedly clapping her hands and I raise my brow about to object but she interrupts me. "It's not just for kids and I figured with him being your princess and all, he would like the chance to get treated like a real one. Just look into it." She tells me and I reluctantly agree, excited, though I'll never admit it, at the idea of spending a long vacation with my lover before the babies get here.

The four of us talk and joke for a few more minutes before I can't hold it back anymore and I get too impatient to stay quiet. "As much as I would love to continue this, I want to get home to Chloe." I say standing up and the others chuckle as James shakes his head but follows me to his feet.

"Alright guess it's time to take the big baby home." He says and we say our good byes to the girls before we're making our way out of the office and down the hall to the front door. We're quick to walk down the stairs and get to the car as James unlocks it and slide in, making sure to put on our seat belts. He starts the car and immediately pulls out of the parking lot and makes our way down the road to my house.

"I see I wasn't the only one ready to leave." I tease laughing and he shakes his head glancing at me only a moment before he makes a left hand turn.

"I've been ready for ages but I didn't want to be rude and rush ourselves out. It's a good thing you don't care." He says as we pull into the driveway. I unbuckle my seat belt and give him a wide grin.

"Not one bit. You still going to bring Jonah over at five?" I ask him, climbing out the car only to duck my head inside for an answer.

    "Yeah. Just let me help Cody with Jonah's hair and I'll be right over." He tells me and I nod before pulling out of the car and closing the door. I walk up the stairs to my door, turning to wave at James as he pulls away before I open the door and step inside, shutting it softly behind me. It's quiet in the house and I assume that Chloe is sleeping, his body probably worn out from carrying the twins around all day up and down the stairs.