VIII. Shaken

Chan pov

"Felix? Felix?!" I felt the boy grasp my arm and he buried his face in my shoulder.

I could feel his hitched and rapid breath against my skin. "Felix? Are you okay? Lix?"

He didn't react but he moved one of his hands from my arm to my collarbone "Chan.. I'm afraid.."

"I know, but you'll be okay. I'm here, yeah? Can you look at me Felix?" I moved my free hand to his hair, softly stroking it, hoping it might bring comfort.

He slowly lifted his head a little and I saw tears in his eyes, and under his freckles his skin had gotten paler. "Don't worry lix, this happens so often to planes and the pilots have studied for this, they can-" 

The plane got a little nudge of wind from the left side, making our side lower a little before steadying again. The younger boy had lowered his head again and I saw the light reflecting through a tear running down his cheek. 

I moved a bit to sit up straighter and I heard him say softly "Don't go Chan.. Please"

"Fluff I'm here okay. I'm not gonna leave you behind. " I leaned my head on his while still patting his head. I felt him nod, making me smile a little.

A few moments of silence later the turbulence was gone but Felix didn't move. 

I wiped his tear stained cheeks with my thumb "Hey Felix are you okay again?" I felt him take a deep breath in and slowly lifting himself off my shoulder, removing his hand from my collarbone, yet he was still holding onto my arm. 

His still teary eyes and slightly stained cheeks glistered in the bright plane lights but he looked a bit calmer.

He is so cute though...

I wiped the remaining tears away and I watched the color come back to his face. "Felix how are you so pretty, even like this" I joked, now realizing my hand was still on his leg. I didn't move it though, it was comfortable and the younger didn't seem to mind either.

"I-.. I'm no- not" He hiccuped through his words.

"Yes you are. What do you like to eat?"

"U-uhm.. I usually like just basic noodles, the ones where you just add boiling water. I sometimes try to make food with my friend Seungmin, bu- ut that usually turns out a disaster" He hiccuped again.

I chuckled at his honesty. The reason I asked him what he likes was approaching us "Hello gentlemen would you like something to eat or drink" the lady asked us.

Felix slightly lowered his head so his bangs would cover most of the evidence that he had cried and shook his head no.

"Yes please, a waffle with honey, a plain coffee and chicken noodle soup" I ordered "I hope you like chicken?" I asked Felix who looked at me surprised 

"Alright that'll be $way too expensive for shit quality food please" I paid, smiling at the lady.