LXIII. soft

Felix pov

Chan's side of the line stayed silent after a soft "You can ask him what it means if you want to".

I hesitantly knocked on the door, receiving a soft groan of approval. I walked into the dark room, only just able to tell apart the silhouette of a just awoken Minho.

"...tizzit sunshine...?" He was laying on his back with spread arms and under the comforter one leg stretched out, one folded. He slowly turnt his face towards me, not especially jolly to be woken up.

I was still standing at the doorpost, honestly ready to hurry out and close the door to hide away again "I-.. Uhm... Channie," I pointed at the phone in my hand "said I had to tell you I'm 15-04?"

Minho's full physique changed. He sat up slightly, leaning on his elbow while he lifted one side of the blanket up, inviting me with him.

"C'mere baby... Is Chan still on the phone?" I closed the door behind me and carefully walked closer. The elder smiled and held the blanket open further, again inviting me to lay with him.

I sat on the edge of the bed on my knees, unsure whether to join and bother him or not. "Yeah.. S-sorry for waking you up.."

"Bullshit Lix, it's perfectly fine. Hey Chrissie, how you doing?" I moved closer to the elder, laying down next to him, however with some distance in between us.

"Hey hon, I'm good. Bit of a headache still but we can live with that" Chan chuckled through the phone. Minho shook his head and sighed. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close against him.

I automatically froze up but didn't move away. My face was in the crook of his neck and my hands folded in between our chests.

Minho huffed and held me closer, carefully, like I'm a doll that could break if treated too roughly.

"Sunshine, relax, I'm not going to try anything funny. Just cuddle with me okay?"

I nodded silently and put my phone, where Chan was still in a call, on the nightstand. Minho kept the blanket wrapped around me and kissed my head.

Tears started flowing out of my eyes again and despite how I tried to hold them back Minho heard my soft sobs.

"Oh baby... Don't cry Lixie... Hey.." He leaned back to look into my eyes and wiped my tears with his thumb. "Baby.. Where does all this crying keep coming from? Hm? Why does your pretty face have to be decorated with tears?"

The elder's voice was soft and gentle and his hands just the same. I shook my head and snuggled my face into his neck. I really don't even know why the tears came up again.

"...y-you're soft..." I held Minho close and heard his soft chuckle. "You're crying because I'm soft? Want me to be harder then?"

I quickly shook my head again and despite my tears I laughed a little "th-that sounds w-wrong, Mimi.." The elder kept his arms around my waist and shoulders and laid his chin on my head.

"It was supposed to. At least you can still laugh hm?"
"Ye-eah.. Mimi?"
"I really don't like that nickname. Anyways, yeah?"
"What does 15-04 mean?"
"Did Chan say I could explain it?"
"Yep"
"Well..."