Chapter Seventy Three

*February 29th*
*Arabelle POV*

"Sabrina go up stairs." My dad demanded, eyes glued to me.

"But dad!" She whined.

"Sabrina go!" He yelled, snapping his head towards her in a demanding glare.

She huffed and stomped her foot like a toddler before walking up the stairs, making sure she was stomping the whole way. I let out a shaky breath as I closed my eyes, trying to calm down. I look towards my dad to see his eyes trained on the floor, looking like he was in deep thought. His head snapped up as Brady bounded into the room, an unknowing smile on his young face.

"Ara look what I made!" He exclaimed, waving a piece of paper around. 

I forced a smile on my face and bent down, taking the piece of paper. I looked down to see three stick figures huddled together, a fourth one at the end of the page by itself. The taller one was obviously dad, with me and Brady next to him. I almost choked on my spit once I realized the isolated one was Sabrina.

"Do you like it?" He asked innocently. "It you, me, daddy, and Brina. Though she by herself because she never comes out of her woom." He told me, pointing to each person as he explained.

"I love it buddy!" I exclaimed, raising my voice an octave higher.

"Really?" He gasped, young eyes widening in surprise.

"Really. Now why don't you go play upstairs while dad and I talk ok?" I said sweetly.

"Ok!" He beamed.

He stepped forward and gave me a hug, squeezing me tightly. I smiled as we let go, Brady running up the stairs excitedly. I sighed as I stood up, knowing what conversation we were about to have.

"Why don't we go into the living room." Dad suggested, gesturing with his hand.

I nodded and we walked silently side by side to the room. The house was just as I remembered it, toys littered the living room floor as everything else was clean. Medical papers scattered the coffee table from my dads work. I sat down on the couch, watching as he sat down across from me.

The room fell into an uncomfortable silence and I tried to gather up my thoughts. I had no idea where to begin  and what I should and shouldn't tell him.

"It was your mother, wasn't it?" He asked hesitantly.

My jaw dropped as I looked at him in surprise, causing him to sigh sadly. He took his glasses off, setting them down on the table before turning towards me.

"I know all about your mothers gang, I'm only guessing that's who took you." He explained.

"Yes, it was her." I spoke softly.

"Thought so." He sighed.

It went quiet again as I fiddled with my fingers, not knowing what to say. I have no idea whether to tell him about Harry or not.

"I'm guessing that your not staying?" He asked, making me snap my head up towards him.

"No." I whispered, watching as he slowly nodded. "I have to go back."