Chapter Seventy Six

*February 29th*
*Arabelle POV*

I held back the tears that were threatening to escape as I held my little brother. We were both sat on the floor, his little body sitting on mine as his chubby arms were wrapped around my neck. Little sniffles escaped his lips every so often as he begged me not to leave. My lip quivered as the unshed tears stung my eyes, my hands shaking as I rubbed comforting circles on his little back.

Sabrina and dad stood a few feet in front of us, staring at the little boy with dad and eyes as he sobbed into my shoulder. My heart broke with each tear that fell on my shirt, reminding me of the reason he was crying.

We couldn't tell him the whole situation, for he was far to young for him to understand. All he knows is that sissy didn't want to leave, to be away from him, but that sissy has to leave again. His face reddened immediately when I told him I was leaving again, his lips coming into a pout as his eyes watered. It wasn't too long until he was bawling his little eyes out, clinging to my leg and pulling me away from the door.

I tried to explain to him why I couldn't stay, but it's hard to do when he's so young. He just wouldn't understand why, and it hurt too much to try to get him to.

"Sissy please!" He fisted my shirt in his hands, pulling on it as he looked up at me with a pout. "Please stay!"

I felt my heart shatter as I shook my head at the boy, causing him to wail even louder.

"I can't buddy." I whispered, my voice cracking.

"Why not?! I pwomise I won't annoy you with my toys like I used to! I'll be good i pwomise! I won't be loud when your trying to study and I'll even eat my vegetables! Just please don't leave." He screamed, his eyes pleading.

The tears finally escaped as he collapsed on the floor, the sound of his loud sobs filling the room. My heart sank as I felt my stomach twisting, the sight of him so sad making me feel sick.

I picked him off the floor, cradling his shaking body in my arms. He continued to fuss and cry, his breathing picking up as I begun to worry. My eyes fluttered shut as I tried to think of what to do to calm him down. I let out a gasp when I remembered the song I used to sing to him whenever he had night mares. It was the only song that could calm him down, the only song that I made sure I knew all the words to whenever he needed it. I took a deep breath and lifted him up so his ear was closer to my mouth.

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go." I began to sing, watching as the tears flowed out of his eyes.

"I'm standing here outside your door. I hate to wake you up, to say goodbye."

His face relaxed a little bit, making me sigh in relief . He brought his hands to his face, slowly wiping his eyes.

"But the dawn is breaking, its early morn. The taxis waiting, it's blowing its horn. Already I'm so lonesome, I could die"

Brady nuzzled his head into my chest, his face still red but he was no longer crying. Occasional sniffles left his mouth as he stuck his thumb in his mouth, a habit he does when he's upset. A huge smile went on my face as he began to hum the song along with me. I never knew why this song calmed him, it must have something to do with the melody.

"So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me. Hold me like you'll never let me go."

I felt my dad walk over, sitting on the floor next to us. His hand reached over and grabbed mine, knowing that this was hard for me. I was only hiding my emotions for Brady, if it wasn't for him I would be a mess right now. My heart melted as my dad joined in, making this easier for me.

"Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Oh babe, I hate to go."

We continued singing to him, my arms rocking his body as his eyes fluttered closed. By the end of the song his breathing had calmed down completely. His face was still slightly red from crying for so long, but his tears were dried as he blinked up at me sleepily.

"You ok buddy?" My voice was a soft whisper, too afraid to speak louder in case the words didn't come out.

He nodded slowly, wiping his eyes once more as he took his thumb out of his mouth. I cooed internally as a yawn escaped his lips, his little eyes crinkling.

"Yes." He told me, smiling at me with his front tooth missing.

My dad and I laughed quietly at him, causing him to shoot us a playful glare. I looked up when I realized Sabrina hadn't spoke in a while, she wasn't where she was and I assumed she left to her room. She would never admit it, but I know that this was affecting her greatly. Brady yawned again, breaking me away from my thoughts and I looked down back at him, his eyes squeezed shut.

"You tired buddy?" I laughed, rubbing his back. He shook his head with a tired look on his face.

"No." A yawn came out of his mouth right after, causing us to laugh again.

"Let's get you to bed." I stood up, him still in my arms as I walked up the stairs.

I heard music coming from Sabrinas room as I walked down the hall. I walked through the room with dinosaurs on it, placing Brady on his bed. I placed the blanket over him and tucked it into his sides playfully, making him giggle. I sat on the side of his bed, making sure not to sit on him.

"Arabelle?" He yawned, as I looked at him with a warm smile.

"Yea bud." I whispered, tucking apart of the blanket back in.

"I'm going to miss you." My fingers froze, before I cleared my throat and turned towards him.

"I'll miss you to bud, but you'll see me again. I'll make sure to visit." He smiled widely as I said that.

"Promise." He lifted his little pinky in the air, waiting for me to link it with my own.

I laughed quietly at the childish gesture, but decided to humor him.

"Promise." I whispered, linking my finger with his own.
_____________________________
Not gonna lie, I cried a bit while making this.

I'm sorry for not updating for two days. I've been really busy and haven't had the chance to write. But I will try to double update soon to make up for it.

I hope you guys like this one. Please make sure to vote, comment and share. It means a lot.

Have a wonderful day