Chapter Seventy Eight

*March 2nd*
*Arabelle POV*
⚠️CONTENT MAY BE TRIGGERING⚠️

We were all seated in front of the tv, anxiously waiting. Today the news station was supposed to air the story of my 'death'. We told them to just say whatever but make it believable.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel weird and nervous about this. I'm going to have to change my identity after this. After today Arabelle will cease to exist to the world, everyone will think I'm dead. Of course that's not the case, but I can't shake this feeling that's casted over me. It's been there ever since I woke up this morning. Harry told me that it was just nerves about it working, but I don't think it is.

"It's almost time." Harry told us, walking into the room with two cups of coffee.

He walked towards me and handed me the extra cup, sitting down in the free spot next to me. I gave him a grateful smile and took a sip of the coffee, the liquid warming my body.

Everyone is here, well everyone in our close group. Zayn, Louis and Luke were sitting on the couch, engaged in their own conversation. Niall and Liam were on the floor, Nialls loud laugh echoing throughout the house as Liam told him a joke.

"Hi I'm Katy here with Knt News (I made it up for the story.)"

The room went quiet as we stared at the tv, knowing what was coming.

"Breaking news tonight, Arabelle Jackson, an 18 year old girl who went missing a year ago, has been found. The young girl was stolen from her house when she was only 17, and she hasn't been seen since. Law enforcement has been searching for the young girl but with no luck."

I felt numb as I watched her speak about my kidnapping, pictures of me on the bottom of the screen. I noticed that they were pictures from when I was younger, and some from my high school year book. The most recent one was from a week before I was taken. It was for that years yearbook, my dark hair was just past my collar bones. I look so different now, my eyes looked dull and lifeless in the picture. Slight bags were under my eyes, and my hair was stick straight from the hours I spent straightening it that morning.

"She was found last night washed up on shore. Law enforcement said that they found her on the local creek. They said that her captor must've dumped her there after they killed her. Arabelle has bruises and cuts all over her body, severely damaged from when she was kidnapped. She was dead when the cops arrived at the scene, but doctors reported that she was not dead when she was dumped in the lake. This tragic story is only one of many. Prayers go out to Ms. Jackson family and friends. And remember, please stay safe. Law enforcement has not yet found the culprit, but we pray they will soon. That's all for tonight."

The tv went blank as Louis grabbed the remote, turning it off. My eyes stayed glued to the screen as I tried to gather my thoughts. They made it seemed like I suffered greatly. A guilty feeling bubbled up in my chest as I thought of all my friends and distant family who were watching this. Suffering because they think I'm gone.

"This is weird." Niall spoke up, looking slightly uncomfortable.

We all nodded, cringing at the uncomfortable atmosphere in the air. A strange feeling caster over me, making me shutter as a shiver ran up my spine. It was weird to hear those things about me, even though they aren't true.

"You ok?" Harry whispered in my ear, sending a chill through my spine.

I nodded hesitantly, not really knowing how I was feeling. I'm not really upset or angry, just guilty and uncomfortable. It's a weird feeling to watch your own death story on the news.

"Ok so when are we going to start with the whole changing identity thing?" Liam spoke up, trying to relieve the tension.

"We should probably do it as soon as possible. We can't risk anyone seeing her." Niall answered, all of us nodding in agreement.

"I've called a few friends over to help, since you obviously can't go out and change anything." Harry said as he got up.

"When will they be here." I asked, the doorbell ringing right after.

"Now." He went to go answer the door.

I exhaled deeply as I closed my eyes, trying to lower the anxiety that I felt. It's never wracking to do this, especially since we don't know if it will even work.

Harry came back into the room, followed by three people. There was a woman with a bag in her hand, a warm smile on her face. Next to her was a girl with red hair, snake bites and an eyebrow piercing. The last one was a man, littered in piercing and tattoos. The man held a briefcase like thing with him while the red head held a smaller bag.

"So who are we working with today." The man spoke up, his voice low and rough.

"Her." Harry stated simply, pointing towards me on the couch.

"Alright well I'll start with her hair first, since it's going to take a while to lift that black." The nicer looking girl spoke.

She walked towards me as the other sat on the couch with the boys. She pulled out a stool and motioned for me to sit down. I did as she said and she start messing with my hair.

"Do you have anything in mind?" She asked politely. "Color wise I mean." She added.

I shook my head as I had never really thought about it. The only time I've dyed my hair was when I went from blonde to black, but that was a while ago.

"Alright we'll are you opposed to anything?" She asked as she grabbed various bottles and supplies from her bag.

"Not really, I just don't want anything too crazy.

"Well how about I surprise you?" She chirped.

I waited a second before hesitantly nodding. She's a professional so she knows what she's doing.

"I promise I won't make you look bad." She laughed, causing me to giggle. "Do you want to cut it first." She asked.

I paused as I ran my fingers through my long hair, realizing how long it has gotten. I let it grow out and it was almost reaching my bottom.

"Yes." I said softly.

"How about collar bone length?" She asked, putting her hand over my hair on the area. I looked down and nodded. "Alright."

She started cutting my hair, hair falling to the floor. I looked over towards Harry to see him laughing and talking to the others.

She got done with my hair pretty soon, not letting me look at it until it was done. She started applying the bleach to my hair and I held my breath, never having done something so drastic.

"Alright your done." She chirped after thirty minutes.

I got up from the chair and brushed the hair off of my clothes. My hair was wrapped up and I looked down, all of my hair littering the floor.

"We'll wait about forty minutes and than wash it out. I'll put the color in after." She told me as she packed up.

She walked over to the red head and tapped her on the shoulder, pointing towards me. The girl nodded and grabbed her back, coming towards me.

"Do you have anything in mind babe?" She asked sweetly.

"For what?" I asked confused, not knowing why she was here.

"Piercings hun." She replied and I choked on my spit.

"Piercings?!"