✦🐺════𝕀𝕫𝕦𝕜𝕦 𝕄𝕚𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕪𝕒════🐺✦

╔══════════✦๑🐺๑✦══════════╗

ℭ𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔰 𝔖𝔬 𝔙𝔦𝔩𝔢

╚══════════✦๑🐺๑✦══════════╝

❝𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕥Ω 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕦𝕡 𝕞𝕪 α𝕝𝕡𝕙α.❞

I remembered clearly what had happened the moment I heard the howls of agony coming from my mate

I remembered clearly what had happened the moment I heard the howls of agony coming from my mate. I recalled having finished off one of these ignorant rogues only to hear a cry from Shoto. My wolf instantly picked up on his scent and I ran toward the sound, ignoring the howl of my father as if he was telling me no to go alone.

My eyes had rapidly scanned the scene, seeing Shoto on his knees, one hand on the ground and the other gripping his face tightly.

The pain that I was feeling from his side was overbearing with a stinging sensation on my neck and a burning pain on my left eye. I knew something bad had happened when I noticed a few rogues standing away from him, walking back slowly as if they were getting ready to shift so that they could leave without anyone knowing.

I didn't waste any time, surging forward and latching onto the first rogue that I saw. I barely saw out of the corner of my eye the other three that had run off, plus a howl signaling that they were retreating.

I didn't care though. My attention was on killing one of these vile creatures that ever thought about putting their hands on my mate. The sounds of his cries I ignored, my ears only ringing with pleads from Shoto.

A wave of satisfaction passed through me as I watched the rogue struggle below me. With every bite that I took, blood was splattering everywhere. It wasn't my intention to stop but when I heard another cry from Shoto, I released the rogue, my eyes trained on him as he trembled on the forest floor.

A growl emitted from me and I howled, calling one of the fighters over to finish him off. My full attention was on Shoto and I felt as my anger was slowly dissipating but still, a sense remained. Sadness flashed across my features and I shifted, running toward Shoto and taking his shaking figure in my arms.

It wasn't hard to miss the way how the skin around his eye was turning colour. Whatever it was that they used burned him badly and it started to swell. "Shit, it looks like some type of poison," I muttered as I continued to look at it.

I wasn't any doctor but I used what we had around us before I could take him back home. Grabbing one of the leaves that were scattered around us and free from blood, I pressed it to his face, my heart dropping as the cries from Shoto became louder.

"Shh," I whispered, holding him close and running my hand through his hair. I began telling him how the rogues had left and how only a few of us were hurt but none of us died. As I was talking, Shoto's eyes seemed like they were getting heavier and I could only watch with a sigh as his eyes closed and his breathing became even rather than how erratic it was moments ago.