thirty-three

"Hey, sorry I'm late

      "Hey, sorry I'm late." Blair apologized to the pack as she entered the boy's locker room where they were hiding Hayden in - quickly spotting Scott who was sitting on one of the locker room benches. Blair immediately making herself busy by answering Isaac's call - her best friend giving her even more calls than usual after her accident in the police station even though Blair insisted she was fine, Isaac knew better than to believe her.

Scott lifted his head as she entered causing her to awkwardly show Scott the name flashing across her screen as he nodded his head in understanding. Blair exiting the room as she went into the hallway to answer the call away from any prying ears.

"Hello?" Blair called into the phone confused when Isaac didn't answer her - the sound of something falling on the other side causing her to grimace as she held her ear in pain at the noise.

"Blair! Sorry, I dropped my phone by accident." Isaac apologized tiredly down the phone considering he was almost asleep before calling his best friend to check up on her.

"It's fine, Lahey. What do I owe the pleasure of you calling me in the middle of the night France time?" Blair asked, knowing that the time difference between the two meant that Isaac had to be calling her at some obscene time in France currently.

"Just worried about you. Best friend senses and stuff." Isaac half-explained his reason for calling - not including the fact that Stiles had called him recently for advice about Scott and Blair. Even though the two butted heads a lot, they were the only ones who were there every step of Scott and Blair's relationship and they were struggling in how to help make their best friends happy again.

"I'm fine, Isaac. Now go to sleep, I'll call you in the morning if anything goes wrong. I promise." Blair whispered quietly into the phone, Isaac agreeing before telling Blair goodnight as he hung up the phone.

Blair leaned her head against the wall as she stared at the door a little down from her where she knew Scott was. Blair trying to decide if she should be mature and make conversation or go somewhere else for a while before the Dread Doctors came. Blair deciding that she could wait another while before she started to mature as she walked into the girls locker room to clear her mind.

—•—

"Scott?" Lydia brought Scott's attention to her. Scott turning his attention to Lydia who was looking slightly frantic as she began to overthink different aspects of their plan for tonight.

"I was just thinking since we can't use our phones, we can't check in on Stiles and Theo," Lydia confessed to him, Scott's mouth parting in shock since he didn't consider that aspect of the plan and how he was supposed to check in with his best friend if anything went wrong.

"I didn't even think about that," Scott answered honestly since he didn't even think about the possibility of Theo and Stiles being in danger while watching Josh's body at the animal clinic considering they thought it was just going to be the two watching the body and watching for whoever would come in.