forty-three

"When did you have time to steal a police radio from my house?" Hayden asked, slightly panicked that Blair had managed to find the time to steal one of her sister's police radios during her short visit at her house

"When did you have time to steal a police radio from my house?" Hayden asked, slightly panicked that Blair had managed to find the time to steal one of her sister's police radios during her short visit at her house. Blair wasn't used to people questioning her since usually Stiles was the one to cover for her stealing things or stealing them with her. All for the sake of their plans of course. She was starting to miss the level of trust she had with Stiles when it came to this new pack there was no one she could ever see herself trusting as much as she trusted Stiles. Then again, she never thought she was going to trust Stiles when she first met the boy and now he basically had a part of her soul within him.

The two girls were currently trailing the familiar blue Jeep as Blair used the radio to listen to the news reports about the Beast while she sunk herself down in the passenger seat of Hayden's car. If anyone saw either of the two of them, they would think they were guilty of something with Blair sinking in the seat with a hoodie around her head and an out-of-place police radio right in the middle of the two of them.

"She just left it there on the table, it was asking to be stolen so why wouldn't I take it?" Blair pointed out to Hayden whose mouth dropped in shock at the girl stealing stuff from her house without second-guessing the morality behind her action especially with what she stole happened to be the possession of a cop. Every day, Blair's personality managed to surprise Hayden more and more with the lengths she would go for this town and protecting it.

"Unit Nine, to Dispatch, I think I've got eyes on the same thing. Some kind of rabid animal." The voice came through from the radio as Blair turned it up to avoid Hayden realizing she hadn't finished lecturing Blair about the importance of people's belongings yet. Blair has had enough lectures in the past couple years to do her a lifetime and she definitely couldn't handle starting to receive lecture from kids younger than her.

"Unit Five to Nine, trust me, that's no animal." Clark's voice came through the speaker as Blair noticed Hayden's grip on the wheel was starting to tighten out of worry as the familiar sound of her sister's voice filled her ears.

"That's your sister, right?" Blair asked for confirmation as Hayden nodded her head as she started to worry more about her sister trying to go after the Beast since she didn't have the same super healing that they had when it came to fighting this thing.

"Unit Six to Dispatch. We have a situation downtown. Multiple fatalities." Another Deputy announced as Hayden shared a glance with Blair since she was the one coming up with plans for the two of them when it came to the Beast. All Hayden was doing was listening to orders, she hadn't developed the instinct as the others had. Blair could transcribe the look on Hayden's face, knowing that she was looking for her to guide her and tell her what was right and wrong started to put a pull on her conscience - her mind briefly shifted to Scott and wondered if that's how he felt with all the responsibilities he held. Blair quickly put the thought of her ex to the back of her mind, refusing to let herself dwell on trivial things in life.