thirty-four

"Where is she?" Melissa asked nervously as she walked up to Dr

"Where is she?" Melissa asked nervously as she walked up to Dr. Geyer who called her with the surprising news himself about the incident. Melissa followed after him as the two stopped outside of the room, her eyes softening when she noticed the state of Blair lying on the hospital bed. Despite the awkward situation of her being her son's ex, she had a soft spot for the girl who had seemed to bring her son so much happiness in the time they were together.

"Does she know they're here?" Melissa asked as her eyes flickered to the man and woman sitting inside Blair's hospital room - recognizing the similarities in features between them and Blair. Melissa feeling her own stomach becoming filled with nerves since she was aware there was a bad situation between Blair and her parents.

"Oh yeah, she told me she was going to fake being asleep until they left." Dr. Geyer explained to Melissa, already used to Blair's honesty with the two of them considering how comfortable Blair was with the adults. Blair grew familiar with Liam's stepdad after she forced Liam to sit down and get all of his work done with her last year because she was adamant about him not falling behind in his grades because of the supernatural and also because it provided her with an adequate distraction of the her and Scott situation.

"I'll go in." Melissa finally decided as she nodded to Dr. Geyer that she was going to introduce herself to the Krasikeva's. Melissa took the handle in her hands quietly as she noticed Blair sneaking a glance out of the side of her eye at who was coming in as she tried to silently warn Melissa to not interact with either her mom or dad, trying to prevent her from having to deal with either of them.

"Hi, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Krasikeva. I'm Melissa McCall, your daughter is a friend of my sons." Melissa introduced herself with a friendly smile as she held her hand out to the two while the man scoffed at the hand as he nodded towards Blair's back.

"Trust me, your son isn't the only one she's friends with." Melissa immediately crossed her hands against her chest once she heard the tone of voice that he was using to describe his daughter who was only a couple of feet away from him and listening to every word her father had to say about her.

"Excuse me, but your daughter is seriously injured right now and you think you have the right to slut-shame her?" Melissa asked in a tone that could only remind Blair of the one she heard whenever she was yelling or lecturing Scott or Isaac.

"Melissa, to be quite frank, you know nothing about my daughter." Mr. Krasikeva pointed out to Melissa, still furious that Blair had kept them as her emergency contacts and that they came up here expecting a family member to be hurt only to find her again. Both of them had been pretty clear in their conversation with the Hale's that they did not want anything further to do with Blair as long as they had custody of her - she was the Hale's responsibility now not theirs.

"Something tells me I know a lot about her based on the fact she traveled across states as a minor to get away from you both. Now, why don't you both go to the reception or food court while I check your daughter's vitals and you can feel free to leave after that too." Melissa demanded as she sent glares towards the parents who waited a couple of seconds to see if she was being serious before picking up their belongings and leaving the room. Both her and Blair hoping that they wouldn't enter the room again anytime soon and would take Melissa's words seriously.