Chapter 6 - The announcement

I stand frozen, fixated on my reflection. Even my favourite dress can't mask how nervous I am.
Frustrated, I take the dress off and change into some ripped jeans and a plain T shirt. If the fans don't like me for who I am, I doubt a nice dress will change that, may as well be comfortable.
I head out into the lobby to meet the rest of the boys before we head off, they're all dressed nicely, casual enough so they're not being choked by a tie though.
All the boys look puzzled, Luke scratching his head, "Y/N what are you doing?".
I chuckle, "what do you mean? We've got that announcement, don't want to be late".
Crystal rolls her eyes, "I think he's wondering why you're not dressed and look like - - -", Michael cuts her off, "what about that dress you were talking about yesterday?".
Heading towards the car, "Yeah, well, that dress wasn't working out, came to the conclusion that if the fans don't like me, they wouldn't like me more if I wore a dress- now can we go?".
Crystal says something under her breath before kissing Michael goodbye. Still not too sure why she doesn't like me.
The guys all pile into the car, Ashton sitting next to me, he placed a hand on my lap, "I think you look amazing in whatever, It's pretty cool that you decided to do your own thing".

The car ride was quiet, gave me plenty of time to overthink the announcement. Arriving, I hop out of the car, and I think everyone could tell I was a bit overwhelmed- the studio looked way bigger than I thought and so many people were busy running around talking through head sets. Calum placed a hand on my shoulder, "We spoke about this, the fans will love you, you're going to do great".

Soon enough we are taken back stage, and before I know it, I hear a lady yell "Welcoming to the stage, it's 5 seconds of summer!"- followed by cheering. The guys walk out on stage, I follow awkwardly behind them before sitting down on a nice leather couch.

Presenter: "Welcome back to the studio guys, been awhile since we spoke— hang on, who's this lovely lady sitting next to you?".
Luke: "We've actually got some very exciting news".
Calum: "We had been looking into expanding the band for awhile and 6months ago, we made that happen".
Ashton: "Musically, I feel like our next album is going to have some of the best music we've ever wrote".
Michael: "We couldn't of asked for anyone better".
Y/N: "I'm Y/N, and I'm seriously so thankful to the guys for giving me an opportunity like this".
Presenter: "Well its a pleasure to meet you Y/N and we can't wait to hear the new album".

The announcement went better than I thought it would, well at least I didn't hear booing from the crowd, I don't know who was more scared, me or the fans. It's a big shock to anyone, at least the news is out though, might just have to avoid twitter for the next week.

*later that evening*

You arrive back to your room, Calum closes the door with excitement before embracing you in a hug, "Y/N you did so well! I'm so proud of you".
"Thanks Calum, means a lot", you pull out of the hug, locking eyes. His beautiful brown eyes staring straight into my soul. His hand slowly traces up my back, resting on my cheek before he leans in. Our lips meet, his lips were soft and the kiss was gentle, yet fuelled by passion.
Calum breaks the kiss, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of done that", he quickly walks into his room, slamming the door behind him.

Thanks for reading- I update regularly 👏🏻