Chapter 13

The album release date isn't far away.
Management have asked for all songs to be finalised and ready for recording by the end of the month.
I think the hardest thing about song writing is making sure the music can relate to the fans, while still being meaningful to ourselves, as artists.

So far, we only have 2 songs ready for the album, Red Desert and Old me. We could all relate to those 2 songs, so writing them as a group, it was pretty easy going.
Splitting the work load, we all only have to write 2 songs and the albums complete, but it's all so much more complicated then that.

I've wrote so many songs over the years, it came naturally for me, but I was writing songs for myself, not others.

I think I'm most worried about fans not liking the new music style. Youngblood was an amazing album, I still don't understand how anyone could top that album.

Calum sits on the seat next to me, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Hey Y/N, how's the song writing going?".
I grab my phone checking the time, I've seriously been sitting here for an hour and I haven't wrote a thing, "Ah, yeah, song writings going great.."
Calum smiles, "Really? Lucky you, I've had no luck at all today, thought I'd come procrastinate with you".
Well I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one struggling, "Really?! That's great, cause I only said that to make you think I was being productive".
We both laugh.
Calum looks me up and down, "As good as you look in your sleep wear, you should get dressed. I invited the guys round for some quiet drinks, to go over what we've written so far".
I chuckle, gesturing towards the door, "Well you better let me get dressed then".
He winks, "or you could let me watch?".
I shoo Calum out of the room and get dressed. I can hear chatting, the boys must be here already.

Sorry for the short chapter :(
Transitioning into the next part of the story and I didn't just want to jump straight in.
Thanks for reading x