Chapter 38 ~ The interview

Ashton and I are seated in a small room, with 3 chairs and a camera.
The crew members don't speak to us, but they're busy.
They move our bodies around like dolls, setting up our mics and ear pieces.
The host takes her seat, smiling gracefully.
The crew touch up all of our make up and hair, making sure the lighting, and sound is perfect.

3, 2, 1...

The host smiles, welcoming us and thanking us for coming. Her tone of voice is very calm and inviting. She looks over her cue cards, "So, getting right into things, what is going on with these photos guys?", She points to a small screen behind her, a slideshow of photos ticking over, "First there was the 3 way kiss scandal, but this is a bit different. All sorts of theories and thoughts are being shared on social media", she leans in, looking at us intently, "Are you an item? Or just horny? Some fans are even saying there's issues with drinking and you were drunk?".
Ashton smiles at me, grabbing my hand, before looking back at the host, "We've actually been in a secret relationship for the past month or so. We weren't ready to tell anyone, but I guess when you really care for someone, sometimes you just get lost in a moment".
I blush, sending Ashton a smile, "I'm glad the secrets out now, it's hard work keeping your hands off of this one", I nudge his arm playfully.
The host leans back in her chair, smiling with joy, "I'm so happy for you both; but please tell me how such a cute couple came to be".
Ashton and I look at each other, not sure what to say, he pauses for a second before turning back to the host, "Well, after that 3 way kiss, as silly as it sounds, I caught feelings. The truth really does speak to you when you're drunk, and although Luke was involved, I could tell I wanted more with her. The thought kept crossing my mind, 'I wish Luke wasn't there'. As selfish as that sounds", Ashton laughs nervously.
I smile confidently, to try and avoid anyone catching on to the lie, "Yeah, and after a room switch up between the band, Ashton and I ended up being roomies, and we got to know each other better".
The host turns to the camera, "Right, well you heard it here folks, Ashton and Y/N are an item, and how cute are they? We'll be right back".

The director yells cut and the host turns to Ashton, "Thanks for coming Ashton, it's always a pleasure. One of the crew will take you to your dressing room, we just have a few more questions for Y/N".
I look at Ashton and back at the host confused, "what do you mean?".
The host smirks, "There was another photo leaked this morning, we wanted to have a chat".
Ashton cuts in, "If she's carrying on with more questions, I'd like to be there. We were never told about this?".
The host looks me up and down, with a disgusted look before handing a phone to Ashton, "Look, your so called girlfriend is cheating on you".
I glance over at the phone, it's an old picture of Calum and I, who took this?
I sigh, "This picture is old, I'm not being conned into an interview where you're just going to attack me with questions to make me look guilty".
The host folds her arms, "Well if it's old, you won't mind discussing who it is, right?".
Ashton cuts in, "No one needs to know who that is, it's in the past- this is the exact reason we kept our relationship a secret. We didn't want money hungry people like you trying to ruin it".

Ashton grabs my hand, pulling me off set, leaving the studio as quickly as possible. Once we're in the car, he turns to me furious, "I know exactly who leaked that photo and I think you know too- how could he do something like this?!".