Chapter 24 ~ Best years

So it's been a few days since that weird fan created game show.
Surprisingly, management never questioned me about what happened; I was expecting to get told off for storming off, but I'm assuming they understood.
I haven't told anyone about it and I don't think I should, so I'm hoping I don't let anything slip tonight.

It's Crystals birthday, so Michaels invited us all around to celebrate.

I'm not really looking forward to it- Sierra is going to be there and her friend who's weirdly obsessed with Calum, no doubt she'll be all over him tonight.

I don't really want to see anyone- I'm still shaken up about what happened the other day and I really don't need the petty drama that Sierra and her friends will make.

Everyone's already there, I probably should get going. I'm sure no one cares whether I'm there or not anyways. I know the guys want me there but it's Crystals birthday, and I don't exactly get along with her friends.

When I arrive, everyone's hanging about drinking, no one notices that I've entered.
That weird chick is all over Calum, Sierra is with Luke and Crystal, Michael and Ashton look like they having a good conversation.

I pour myself a few drinks and chuck them back, the more drunk I am, the easier this will be.

I over hear a conversation, Michaels questioning how far I'm going to be, maybe I should let them know I'm already here...

I walk over to everyone, "Don't worry, I've been here for the last 10 minutes".
No one responds, it's awkward.

Michael stands up and raises his glass, "Thanks everyone for coming, it's a special night, for a special girl. I love her so much and to show my appreciation, I'd like to play a song I wrote for her, it's called Best years. Happy birthday Crystal".

He goes and picks up his guitar, and begins to play,

"I'll give you the best years,
I'll give you the best years,
Past love burned out like a cigarette,
I promise, darling, you won't regret,
The best years"...

"Thank you all for coming, enjoy the night".

Everyone clapped and cheered, the song was beautiful- she's so lucky to have someone like Michael. Reminds me of how lonely I am, but of how much someone can love a person, and it's beautiful, I'm so happy for them.

I go and pour myself another drink, Sierra is also in the kitchen pouring herself one.

She turns to me, "Why are you even here?".
This is exactly what I didn't want tonight, I sigh, "I was invited, shouldn't you be use to seeing me by now?".
She laughs, "You were only invited because the guys felt bad and didn't want to leave you out. No one actually wants you here. You're not even Crystals friend".
I roll my eyes, grab my drink and walk off.
I don't want to deal with this tonight.

Thanks for reading- more coming soon 😊