Chapter 39

Ashton was furious on the car ride back.
I still don't understand what he means by 'How could he do that?'. I don't even understand how a camera could be that good to snap a picture of Calum and I, in our room, through a window? It makes no sense.. Unless they were in our room when the picture was taken? But that's crazy- there's no way. Also, if the picture was taken awhile ago, wouldn't they have leaked it already?
I finally click, it was Calum..
He must of taken the photo when we were drunk that time, but why would he do this?
I need to stop Ashton before he makes a scene.

Ashtons quick to hop out of the car, I grab his hand, slowing him down, "Babe, you need to chill out, and talk to me first, I don't understand what's going on".
He stops, turning to me calmly, snapping out of his anger, "I'm sorry, I don't want you to see me like this.. but I'm so angry and confused".
We head inside in silence, but when we get to our room, he stops, "I need to go talk to Calum, it's obvious he doesn't want us together- I just can't believe he could do that to me".
I nod, "Please try and stay calm, I don't want you guys to fight".

We head over to Calum's, I'm about to knock on the door, but Ashton storms right in.
I told him to be calm, this is definitely not the way to go about things...

Ashton paces back and forth, "Calum! Get your ass down here now".
Calum comes out of his room with a puzzled look on his face, "Ashton, what are you doing here?", he doesn't greet me, just sends me a glare.
He's not mad at Ashton, he's mad at me...
Ashton rolls his eyes, folding his arms, "You know damn well why I'm here. Why the fuck would you do something like that?!".
Calum sighs, taking a seat on his couch, gesturing us to come and sit, "Please keep things down, Emily is asleep".
I take a seat opposite Calum, Ashton remains standing. I look at Calum, dead in the eyes, I know he can't lie to me, I speak calmly, "Why'd you leak that photo?".
Calum looks down at his hands, unable to look me in the eye, "Look, I said I was okay with things and I'm happy with Emily.. I think? I don't know? But I just snapped last night. I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't stand the thought of not being with you. Richard forced me to sign a contract, so no one found out about us because you guys have been 'dating' for a month. I was mad".
Ashton storms over, I stop him before he does anything stupid. He throws his hands up in frustration, "I give up! So what? If you can't have her, no one can?!".
Calum shakes his head, "No, I'm sorry, I'll let you guys be. I'm sorry Ashton, I shouldn't have done that to you, you're one of my best mates," Calum looks like he's tearing up, "I'm sorry, I fucked up".
Ashton calmly goes over and sits beside Calum, chucking his arm around him, and pulling him into a hug, "Dude, you know you can talk to me, I'll understand".
Calum pulls away, turning to me with a faint smile, "I'm sorry Y/N, I'm sorry for everything I've put you through, if you guys are happy, then I'm happy for you both".

We all hug it out before leaving.

Thanks for reading x