Chapter 12

I wake up startled, I swear I heard screaming. I reach down into my handbag and grab out my pepper spray. What the hell was that? Did a fan break in? Is that even a thing?

You know in horror movies; when the actor/actress goes to investigate and then 90% of the time dies? Yeah, I'm that person.

I hop out of bed and quietly head into the lounge. Everything's dark, a part from the moon and street lights breaking through the curtains. I notice a tall figure in the distance, standing in the kitchen, they haven't noticed me, nows the perfect time to attack.

I sneak up behind them, they turn around, so I quickly pull out the pepper spray, and then I realise it's just Calum. I put the pepper spray down, luckily no one got hurt, kind of embarrassed though.

Calum quickly flicks the lights on, "Y/N what are you doing?!? Were you about to pepper spray me?".
I awkwardly laugh, holding the pepper spray behind my back, "No, why would you think that?...."
Calum raises an eyebrow, slowly moving towards me, filling any space between us. For a second I forgot what was going on, I wanted to kiss him so badly. Snapped out of my thoughts, Calum grabs the pepper spray out from behind my back, "Okay, so what's this then?!", he holds it high above my head, I had no chance at grabbing it back.
I bite my lip, I had no clue what to say, he probably thinks I'm crazy, "I.. I.. I thought someone broke in.. I heard screaming.."
Calum laughs hysterically, he couldn't stop, I didn't understand what was so funny. He managed to calm down enough to talk, "Y/N I don't think there's any way to say this but I was having sex", he continues to laugh.
I roll my eyes, and grab a smoke, heading to the balcony. I'm trying to hide how embarrassed I am, hopefully he doesn't notice how red my cheeks are right now.

Calum follows me out to the balcony, "If it makes you feel better, I won't tell anyone about this.."
I shake my head, "No, it's alright, I don't care," I light my smoke, "It's been so long, I kind of forgot sex was a thing", I take another puff, staring out into the city, "You don't have to stay with me, go back to bed and be with your girlfriend", I smile reassuringly.
Calum takes the smoke out of my hand and takes a long drag, "You know I was only sleeping with her to get back at you, right? She's gone home anyways, I don't think things will be working out".
I shake my head disapproving, "You know I don't play games, right?".

Calum puts the smoke in the ashtray, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in close, he looks deep into my eyes, "Y/N I can't guarantee what the future will be like, but I know that right now, the only person I want to be with is you". He leans in, our lips meet. The kiss starts off slow, but meaningful. I wrap my arms around his neck, putting more power into the kiss. It becomes passionate, fuelled by desire. Our bodies felt a connection, we both wanted more.

We move into the lounge, I push him down onto the couch, climbing on top of him, I could feel him underneath me.
I start to kiss his neck, movements in time with my hips. He moans, voice hoarse, he grabs my ass, "Take all of me.."
I trace my lips along his neck, meeting his ear, I whisper softly, "Paybacks a bitch".

I climb off of him, blowing him a kiss and head to my bedroom going to bed, his face was priceless.

As much as I wanted Calum, he hurt me and I can't forget that, although, I think you could call this even.