Chapter 21 ~ Easier

It's 7am on a Thursday, not the most productive day of the week. Still finding the motivation to drag myself out of bed.
I think all of us are feeling the stress at the moment; not long until we're booked into the studio to record.

There's a knock on my bedroom door, followed by Ashton entering, "You up Y/N?".
I sit up in bed, rubbing my eyes, "If I have to be?".
Ashton laughs, "Great! Cause we have plans".
I roll my eyes, "This early?".
Ashton looks at his watch and shrugs, "Yeah, breakfast plans happen this early", he smiles, "I got a text from Luke, he's ordered breakfast and coffee; and in a second message, with lots of emojis, he said he has a surprise".
I drag myself out of bed, laughing to myself, "As long as it's not him naked under a hat again".

I get ready and grab my song I wrote last night, it'll be a good time to show everyone.
Ashton and I then head over to Luke's.

When we arrive, Michaels playing around with a song on his lap top, Luke and Calum hovering over his shoulder.

"Hey guys, sorry we are late".
Luke spins around with a massive smile on his face, "Finally! I got too excited and told Calum and Michael already, but I think I've wrote our first single for the album".
Calum nods, "Yeah, it's actually really good, definitely will be a hit".
I walk over and take a seat on the couch, "Well then, I'm ready to hear this hit single".
Michael hits play on his lap top, giving Luke a beat and Luke begins to sing,

"Why do we always gotta run away?
And we wind up in the same place,
It's like we're looking for the same thing
Same thing, yeah.
Yeah, do we really gotta do this now?
Right here with all your friends around
In the morning, we can work it out
Work it out.

I love you so much that I hate you
Right now, it's so hard to blame you
'Cause you're so damn beautiful
You're so damn beautiful.

Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know that you're always gonna stay the same,
Is it easier to stay? Is it easier to go?
I don't wanna know, oh
But I know that I'm never, ever gonna change
And you know you don't want it any other way".

I was blown away, the song sounds amazing. I stand up, clapping and cheering, "Luke that's definitely the hit single!".
Ashton nods in agreement, letting out an excited squeal, "The fans are going to love this!".

Luke takes a bow, "Thank you, thank you, I'd like to thank my mum".. he's laughs, "Just joking, it's great but enough about me, surely someone else has something to share".
Ashton looks at me and smiles excitedly, "Y/N! You have to show everyone your song".

I laugh nervously, "After that performance? Yeah, no, my song is shit compared to that".
Ashton rolls his eyes, grabbing my hand and dragging me over to the piano, "Y/N your song is amazing, it's a slow song, with depth, it's not made for a hit single".
I shrug, and begin to play;

"... Dance around the living room
Lose me in the sight of you
I've seen the red, I've seen the blue
Take all of me
Deep to where your secrets hide
Where we've been a thousand times
Swallow every single lie
Take all of me

I'll never give you away, 'cause
I've already made that mistake, if
My name never fell off your lips, again
I know it'd be such a shame
When I take a look at my life
And all of my crimes
You're the only thing that
I think I got right
I'd never give you away, 'cause
I've already made
Already made that mistake.."

I finish the song, everyone begins to clap, except Calum.
Luke runs over and gives me a high five but I leave him hanging, too fixated on Calum, who just stormed out, leaving us all confused.

Thanks for reading xo