Chapter 45 ~ Ashton

This chapter is for those who want to end up with Ashton ♥️
Although, you're more than welcome to read both endings

Tears streaming down my cheeks, Ashton pulls me into a hug. His voice cracks as he comforts me; I could tell he was holding back the tears, being strong, as always.

He wipes away the tears from under my eyes, "Y/N, it's okay, I'm not going anywhere".
I nod, "I just wish I told you sooner, I've felt terrible but I didn't know how you'd react- I was scared".
Ashton chuckles, "Scared I'd leave you?", he shakes his head, grabbing my hand, "Y/N, I would never leave you. I've never been so sure about the way I feel. You told me you loved me, even though I couldn't get the words out. You broke down, scared I'd leave you because of what Calum said. You're truthful, loyal, and I can trust you. My nerves got in the way earlier, but I love you and I mean that", he places a kiss on my cheek, "I'm not going anywhere and now that I know you've chosen me over Calum, I know you're not going anywhere either. I want to spend my life with you. I want you to meet my family and grow old with me. As my band mate, best friend and lover".

I can feel the tears streaming down my face again, but this time they were happy tears. I know in my heart I've made the right decision and I couldn't be happier. I wrap my arms around Ashton, "I honestly couldn't of asked for a better boyfriend and I'm a bit lost for words after your lovely speech, but I love you too and It'll be my honour to be your band mate, best friend and lover".

(The next day)

Ashton and I spent a few hours packing our things, getting ready to leave for in the morning. I was pretty much done when I came across an old T-shirt of Calum's, I should probably return it... and tell him what I've decided to do...
I brace myself, his scent still attached to the shirt. The memories come flooding back but this time they were just memories, happy ones. I know a place in my heart will always love Calum and the times we spent together but I'm excited for my future with Ashton.

I grab a piece of paper, a pen, and begin to write;

Calum,
You mean so much to me, and you always will but my heart belongs to Ashton, I hope you understand..
Like I said above, you mean so much to me and I can't wait to see where the future takes us as friends.
You're the reason I'm in this band, you made me feel welcomed, you kept me company when I was lonely and missing home. I really appreciate everything you've done for me and the support you continue to give.
All the love, Y/N.

I tuck the piece of paper inside the folded shirt and head over to Calum's.

I knock on the door before walking inside, greeted be a hopeful looking Calum, "What's that?".
I walk over to him, handing him the shirt, making sure the note was visible, "I'm sorry Calum".
He pulls you into a hug, "You don't have to say anything, I understand, Y/N. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy, and I know Ashton will look after you", he chuckles, trying to lighten the mood, "See you soon.. band mate?".
I take a deep breath in, smelling that heavenly scent one last time. I pull away, sending Calum a smile, "See you soon.. friend".
I place a kiss on Calum's cheek before leaving.

I head back to mine.
I honestly thought that would be a lot harder, I'm glad Calum understood.
Ashtons still finishing packing, so I head out onto the balcony for a smoke.

I'm going to miss this.
It'll be weird not having everyone around 24/7 but it'll be good to have a break and see our families before going on tour.

I feel an arm wrap around me, "Hey gorgeous, you finished packing?".
I put my smoke out, leaning into Ashton, "Yeah, babe, I'm already to go for tomorrow".
Ashton places a kiss on my forehead, "Awesome, I can't wait for you to meet the family".
I smile, looking up at him, "Me too, I'm looking forward to what the future holds".

We stand together in silence, admiring the view one last time.
The sun begins to set upon the city, and as it sets, I know that it holds promise for when it rises.

I have my dream job, Ashton by my side, and some amazing friends, I couldn't be happier.
And very soon I'll be touring with 5 Seconds of Summer.

Thank you all for reading x

Keep on reading if you want to read Calum's ending ♥️

If not, I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who has supported me! I've really enjoyed writing this and if you have any ideas for future stories, let me know or if you want some follow up chapters, or even a sequel, comment below and I'll see what I can do x