Chapter 37

So I was woken abruptly this morning by Ashton.
He received a phone call from management, they're not happy about our recent stunt. They said that they feel like they were 'attacked' because we turned down the contract and then were inappropriate in public; causing a stir in the media.
They believe it was a prank to get back at them, not a prank on the paparazzi, which Ashton tried to explain.

Now we are forced to go to an early morning meeting with management, before having an interview to try and calm the media.

I don't even have time for a shower or coffee.

Ashton and I head to managements office, greeted by an angry Richard, or should I say, Dick.

We both take a seat at his desk, Richard pacing back and forth across his office, "How dare you two betray us like that?! I'm furious!".
I shake my head in frustration, "This has nothing to do with you".
Ashton nods in agreement.
Richard furiously slaps his hands down on his desk, a glare of pure anger crosses his face, "This has everything to do with me, and this band, and as your boss, I want an explanation, now!".
I roll my eyes, smirking, I'm not the type of person to take crap from a man in authority, "I can do whatever the fuck I like. You wanted publicity, I gave it to you, and I enjoyed it".
Richard sighs, "You're lucky I won't hit a women, because I'd slap that smirk right off your face, young lady".
Ashtons expression, filled with rage, he stands up, "Threaten my girlfriend again and I'll show you who's tougher, old man".
I grab Ashton, sitting him back down, "Okay, everyone calm down, can we settle this like adults?".
Richard takes a seat, a smile forming on his face, I can't tell if it's good or bad, "Why didn't you guys just tell me you were together? This changes everything. I'm sorry for the way I reacted, I didn't realise".
I raise my eyebrow, is this dude for real? "Look, we are together, but it was still a prank, we thought we'd have some fun with paparazzi before everyone found out we were together".
Richard laughs, "Well, you definitely fooled everyone but back to business, change of plans with the interview. Instead of apologising for being inappropriate, I want you both to embrace it. You guys have been secretly dating for the past month, and forgot you were out in public. This is the story you will tell, any questions?".
I shake my head, "Ashton and I both agreed that we wouldn't have our relationship controlled or under contract".
Richard sighs, "I knew you'd say that. Look, all I wanted was publicity for you both, and I didn't believe you were more than friends, that's why the contract was made. If you guys are serious about being together, publicity should come in either way, so it's a win win situation. I will keep my nose out of your business, if you just do this one thing".
Ashton and I look at each other, we both nod in agreement.
Ashton smiles and holds out his hand for Richard to shake, "Its a deal, we will do the interview but that's it, no more interfering".
Richard shakes Ashtons hand, "It's been a pleasure doing business with you".

Thanks for reading, next update will be out tomorrow x