Chapter 31 - Management

It's Sunday evening and I just received the confirmation email from management. They're happy with our work and are getting us in for recording this week; starting tomorrow.

"Evening team; congratulations on the album, we know it's going to be a success.
We've made two minor change's, if you have any concerns, feel free to come and have a chat;
Best Years and Lover of Mine will be Luke's songs; written about Sierra. Now that Luke and Sierra are back together, it's a perfect opportunity to gain publicity, the fans love a love story.
Kind regards,
-Management".

My heart drops.
All that effort I put into Lover of Mine and they want to take it away from me..
I guess on a positive note; the fans will never find out that I wrote that song about Calum.

There's a knock at the door, "Hey Y/N, I just read the email, are you okay?".
I invite Ashton in, "Yeah, just disappointed, I guess".
He pulls me into a hug, "It'll be okay Y/N".

My phone pings, it's another email from management.

"Y/N, can you and Ashton please come and see us ASAP".

I show Ashton the email, he looks as confused as I did; we leave and head straight to managements room.

The assistant pours us both a drink and gestures towards the desk; we both take a seat, nervous.

(I'm sorry, I'm unsure who 5sos' boss is- but google is telling me his name is Richard- so that's the name I will use- if anyone knows, please comment and I'll edit this)

Richard takes a seat in front of us- a serious look on his face, why does he always look so serious?
"Thank you both for coming. You're probably wondering why I've called you both here. Y/N how are you feeling about the song change?".
I shrug, "ahh, disappointed, I put a lot of effort into the song".
He nods, "I understand- my assistant actually gave me a great idea and that's why I've called you both here. The reason we gave the song to Luke was for publicity- because the fans love his and Sierras relationship. Michael doesn't mind giving up Best Years; meaning Luke and Sierra will still gain publicity from that. Which means I'm willing to give you back Lover of Mine, on a few conditions".

I nod, allowing him to carry on.

He pulls out 2 contracts from the top drawer of his desk, "We need you to be in a fake relationship... with Ashton. Ashton you haven't had much publicity in awhile, that's why we've chosen you- I'll allow you both some time to think", he leaves the room, allowing us to talk in private.

I'm shocked, I can't be in a fake relationship.
Ashton turns towards me, grabbing my hand, "Y/N this isn't ideal, but I know how much that song means to you and if this is the only way, I will go ahead with this.. for you".
He always knows what to say, I squeeze his hand, "Thank you, Ashton.. but I don't know if I can do this. That song means so much to me, but if I'm in a relationship, I want it to be real".
Ashton nods, "What if this wasn't fake.. what if we were in a real relationship; would that be so bad?".
I smile reassuringly, "Ashton, you know I care for you but this isn't something I want to rush into".
He nods, forming a weak smile, but he seems disappointed.

Richard comes back, "So, thoughts?".

I pause for a second, looking back at Ashton, I think I know what I need to do. I look down at the contracts and then back up at Richard, "I know you're not the type to negotiate, but hear me out. I don't want to be in a fake relationship, or have a relationship controlled by a contract. I wrote that song about mine and Calum's relationship, it would be wrong if I was to take the song and tell people it was about Ashton. I'm sorry, but I'd rather you just gave the song to Luke". I sigh, "What if I promised to be in a relationship before the album release date, on my terms, no contracts".
Richard nods, but I can't read his poker face, "Alright, Y/N.. but maybe I should give you a heads up. You two aren't the only ones who need publicity- Calum has signed a contract to be in a fake relationship with Emily; so if this is about your loyalty to Calum, and your song, I'd rethink that. You can both go now".

Ahhh I'm so sorry about this Chapter- it's a bit of a mess- but I just needed to get this part of the story in.
Thank you all for the support x