Chapter 41 ~ Album release

The album was released last night at midnight, and fans seem to be loving it. Social media is flooded with hashtags and so many people are talking about it.

The album means a lot to us all, and we want to be able to share that with our fans. So instead of doing the usual interview, we decided to do a live stream and answer questions, being able to interact with our fans world wide.

I haven't been on social media today, I was too nervous to read what fans were saying. Not about the album, I know they love the album, but about me. I'm still new to this and I can understand why some fans are not okay with it.
I'm probably just over thinking things, I just hope this live stream goes well.

I touch up my make up, and run a brush through my hair, before grabbing my things and heading to Michaels.

I arrive and take a seat next to Ashton on the couch.

Luke walks over, handing me a drink and taking a seat next to me, "How are you feeling Y/N? Nervous?".
I chuckle, taking a sip of my drink, "Thanks Luke, and yeah, obviously I'm nervous".
Ashton places his hand on my knee, squeezing it reassuringly, "Babe, you'll be fine".
Luke smiles, "And if anything happens, you have 4 guys right here with you, and you know we'll back you up".
I smile faintly, "Thanks guys, it means a lot".

Michael finishes setting everything up and takes a seat next to us, squeezing in, "Everyone ready?".
Calum jogs over and takes a seat on the floor in front of us, "Let's do this".

The live stream starts and within a few seconds, thousands of fans are already watching.
Comments start flooding in, making it hard to read any of them.

Luke starts talking, "Hey, I hope you're all loving the album as much as us. The support so far has been amazing".
Ashton gets up off the couch, and walks over to the stereo, "Who didn't press play? Calum?".
Calum laughs, "Michael was rushing me".
Michael puts on a serious face, "You had one job, Calum!", he bursts out laughing.
Everyone laughs, and the album begins to play.

Ashton sits back down, "So, should we answer some questions?".
Everyone nods, Ashton taking the lead.
"What's your guys favourite song on the album and why?".
Ashton smiles, "This is hard, but I think I'm going to choose Lonely heart. The first time I played it- I showed Y/N and was asking for feedback, and I don't want to go into detail but it was a very special moment".
Luke chuckles, "Ew guys, keep it PG.. Anyways, my favourite song is Lover of Mine, and I'm sure everyone knows, but Sierra and I wrote it together, and it means a lot to us".
I roll my eyes, trying to keep my calm. That's complete bullshit and the fans are all over it. If only they knew.
Calum notices my frustration, and jumps in before I can say anything, "I really enjoyed wildflower, it's a great song and I love the beat".
Luke winks, "That's not the only reason you love it".
Calum nudges him, "Shut up Luke, this is a family show".
Everyone holds back their laughter, knowing what the song really is about but it's not appropriate.
Michael cuts in before we all give too much away, "My favourite song is old me, it's a good reminder of our past and how far we have come. It was also lots of fun writing it".
We all nod in agreement, and suddenly it's my turn to speak, all the guys look at me, "Ahhh, my favourite song is High, it just has a lot of personal meaning".

We continue answering questions, and my nerves slowly disappeared, a lot of the fans loved that I was apart of the album.

Then things went bad.

The fans kept asking Luke to talk about Lover of Mine.
I couldn't take it any more.
I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

Not long after, there was a knock at the door.
It was Calum.

I look at him confused, "Ahhh, yes?"
Calum shrugs, "Can I come in?.. I mean, you're not actually using the bathroom, right?".
I open the door fully, gesturing him to come in, "Sorry, I'm just mad about the whole Lover of Mine situation".
Calum takes a seat on the edge of the bathtub, "I know, but I don't think anyone else caught on, or even know you're mad".
I roll my eyes, "Yes, wouldn't it be a shame if anyone knew I was mad and why?".
Calum chuckles, "Sarcasm? Y/N you're with Ashton and if anyone found out that you wrote that song about me, the fandom would flip their shit".
I shrug, "I know you're right but it's not fair, that's my song".
Calum gets up, embracing you in a hug, "It'll always be your song Y/N".
I pull away, looking Calum in the eye, "Thanks for calming me down, it means a lot".
I'm about to leave, when Calum calls me back, "Y/N? Is that the only reason you were mad?".
I look at him puzzled, "What do you mean?".
Calum shrugs, "I don't know... Maybe you're not mad because of Luke claiming Lover of Mine.. Maybe you're mad because you wrote that song about me and you still have feelings.."
I laugh, "You're joking, right?"
Calum chuckles, running his hand through his hair, "Yeah, just kidding".
He leaves quickly, embarrassed maybe? Who knows.
But now I can't help but wonder if he was correct.