Chapter 42

I pace back and forth in the bathroom, how could Calum say that?
We had a good talk, I was feeling fine again, he helped me come to terms with Lover of Mine and reminded me that it was still my song. Now it just feels like a bombs been dropped and I'm trapped within these 4 walls, within my thoughts.

I pause, gripping the sides of the hand basin, lost in my reflection.
Am I terrible person for considering that Calum may be right?
Sometimes I wish I could just turn my thoughts off.

I take a deep breath, gathering myself before heading back out to the live stream.

I take my seat back on the couch, Ashton leaning in and whispering in my ear, "You alright Y/N?".
I smile faintly, nodding my head, "Yeah, I just needed a breather".

Soon enough, the live stream ends. It went quick, but I was lost in thought for most of it.
I was there but my mind was elsewhere.
I didn't even realise it had ended until Ashton brought me a glass of water.

I sip my water, and Ashton won't leave my side, gently running his hands through my hair, "Are you sure you're okay Y/N? You're looking a bit pale and you weren't saying much?".
I nod, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just got lost in thought", I chuckle, trying to brush off the conversation, "Hopefully the fans didn't notice how distracted I was".
Ashton laughs, "Yeah, no, they definitely noticed. I just told them you weren't feeling well".
I get up from the couch, heading to the kitchen, Ashton following, "So, I guess it's time for a celebration drink".
Ashton grabs my hand as I reach for some Alcohol, "Are you sure? You weren't feeling well. Maybe we should just head back to ours and chuck on a movie?".
I laugh, "No way, don't be boring. It's time to celebrate!", I yell out to the rest of the guys, "Who's keen for some celebration tequila shots?".
The guys come over, Luke's one step ahead and grabs the shot glasses.

Luke holds his shot in the air, "Here's to another great album and many more to come".
We all clink glasses, cheering.
Ashton still looking concerned.

Ashton pulls me aside, "Babe, you don't have to do this".
I roll my eyes, "You sound like you need another shot".
Ashton doesn't look amused, "I'm being serious. You walk out on the live stream for half an hour, you weren't interacting, paying no attention to the fans, and now you want to get drunk. You can't just pick and choose when you want to be apart of this band. Tell me what's going on".
I smile, placing my hand on his shoulder for reassurance, "You're looking into this way too much. Everyone has their off moments, I'm fine and I'd love to celebrate with you and the rest of the band".
Ashton sighs, giving in, "Alright, fine".

We all take another shot before being interrupted by a knock at the door.
Luke goes over to answer it, embracing Sierra as she enters, the other girls follow.
Calum pulls out some more shot glasses, refilling our glasses and handing the girls a drink, "Now that everyone's here, it's time to celebrate!".

Next chapter coming soon!
Can't believe this stories coming to an end already. Thanks again for everyone who reads and supports the story! x