Chapter 22 ~ Thin white lies

~ Calum's POV ~

I storm out of Luke's room and down the hallway to my room, slamming the door behind me.
How dare she write a song about me?!
I pace backwards and forwards across the lounge, lighting a smoke before heading out onto the balcony.

I take a long drag on the smoke before exhaling.
I'm not even mad that she wrote a song about me; I'm more mad at what it's about.
Is that really how she sees me? Is that how she feels?
Our time together was amazing, she already knows how hard it was on my emotions and how I wish we could of had more. But instead, she wrote a depressing love song. I may of wrote a song about her, but at least I wrote about how amazing she was in bed.

I put my smoke out in the ash tray, heading back inside and sitting on the couch.
Well if she can write a sad song about me, two can play at this game.

I begin writing, letting all my emotions out into words. Anger, sadness and love falls onto the page in lyrics- it's not long and I have a song.

"I don't feel your love,
But I don't ask too many questions.
The words, they are too much,
When you show me my reflection"...

I grab the song, storming out of my room and back down to Luke's- as I enter, everyone looks startled and confused.
Y/N stands up as I enter, "Calum, I'm sorry.. I can write another song, I didn't mean to upset you"...
Ashton cuts her off before she can say anything else, "No, Y/N, the song is good and you shouldn't have to apologise or make changes for others to be happy. There will always be negative feedback in the music industry, but you can own it and carry on, or you can let it affect you".
I roll my eyes, "No, Y/N can have her song on the album, I don't care. But I hope she doesn't mind the song I wrote about her being on it as well".

I don't have a beat or any chords to the song yet, but I begin to sing solo, nothing but my voice fills the room.

"...When the sun goes down, we all get lonely,
Watch me as I disappear.
These empty sounds and endless stories,
Tell me what I want to hear.

(Thin white lies)
Killing me slow with the words you wrote,
The heart you broke,
The heart you broke, yeah.
Calling my name,
I don't wanna stay but I'm wide awake,
I'm wide awake.
(Thin white lies)
Just one more taste of you, my love.
(Thin white lies)
Killing me slow with the words you wrote,
The heart you broke,
The heart you broke, yeah."

Everyone claps.
I wasn't expecting a good reaction..
This song was meant to get payback...

Y/N smiles weakly, "It's amazing how much a song can express".. She bites her lip anxiously, looking at the floor, "It's a good song Calum, I'm just sorry that it came from so much anger. I didn't realise that's how you felt".
Ashton places his hand on her shoulder, reassuring her.
It's silent, I don't know what to say and I don't think anyone else does either, until Michael breaks the silence, "Seriously? Calum, Y/N, your songs are great, but make up already. We're a band and we're all really good mates, I hate seeing things like this. Ashton, I know you're supporting Y/N but Calum's your friend too, no need to choose sides. Luke, I love you".
Luke runs over and hugs Michael, everyone slowly joins in, forming a group hug.