Chapter 46 ~ Calum

This chapter is for those who want to end up with Calum ♥️
But you're more than welcome to read both, enjoy x

Tears streaming down my face, Ashton pulls me into a hug, "Y/N, I understand and you don't have to feel terrible. I want you to be happy and I think you should be with Calum".
My voice muffled, I find the courage to speak, "I meant it when I told you I loved you", I pause with hesitation, "But I also love Calum and this isn't fair on you".
Ashton places a kiss on my cheek, pulling away, "I know you love me.. but I'm letting you go".
I nod, wiping the tears from my eyes, "You mean so much to me Ashton, you've always been a rock, solid and supportive, please don't let this ruin our friendship".
Ashton squeezes my knee reassuringly, "Y/N, I never said I wanted to lose you- we'll always be good friends and bonus, you're also my band mate".
I place my hand on top of his, "Thank you, Ashton.. For everything.."

(The next day)

I spent the morning packing my things.
I'm still shaken by the situation but I'm glad Ashton and I have a mutual understanding, it was never fair on him.
I guess sometimes we have to let the things we love go, and in this case, it's very true.

Finished packing, I head into Ashtons room.
It looks like he's been crying.
I take a seat next to him, helping him pack his things, "I'm sorry things didn't work out".
Ashton nods, "Me too.. Maybe our love was only meant to be a friendship?"
I chuckle, "Ashton.. the chemistry we shared was indescribable, I think it's more, right place, wrong time. I really do love you but I need to see where things go with Calum and I can't ask for you to wait for me", I pull Ashton into a hug, "I'll miss you".
Ashton holds me tight, "I'll miss you too".

As I leave, I hold back the tears, this wasn't easy and I know I'll always hate myself for this.

I grab my things and walk to Calum's room.

As I enter, Calum embraces me in hug, "I honestly didn't think you were going to come.."
I pull away, wiping my eyes, "It wasn't easy, but I need to see where things go".
Calum nods, "I knew you loved Ashton.. I'm sorry I made this so difficult".
I shake my head, "It's alright, Ashton understands".
Calum smiles, gesturing to the couch, "I have to finish packing but make yourself comfortable".

As I wait for Calum to pack, I get bored and sit down at the piano, playing Lover of Mine.

Lover of mine
Maybe we'll take some time
Kaleidoscope mind
Gets in the way
Hope and I pray
Darling, that you will stay
Butterfly lies
Chase them away

Calum interrupts, taking my hand, and pulling me away from the piano.
He pulls me in close, swaying side to side, he begins to sing,

Dance around the living room
Lose me in the sight of you
I've seen the red, I've seen the blue
Take all of me
Deep to where your secrets hide
Where we've been a thousand times
Swallow every single lie
Take all of me..

I can't believe he knows the lyrics.
Stunned, I listen to his voice, so beautiful.
I join in on the chorus, harmonising,

I'll never give you away, 'cause
I've already made that mistake, if
My name never fell off your lips, again
I know it'd be such a shame
When I take a look at my life
And all of my crimes
You're the only thing that
I think I got right
I'd never give you away, 'cause
I've already made,
Already made that mistake..

Lover of Mine...
I start to sing the next verse, but I'm cut off by Calum's lips.
My body goes numb within his arms, a feeling I haven't felt for so long.
I missed his kiss, I've missed his touch..

I wrap my arms around him, pulling him in close, pulling him deeper into the kiss.
The way our lips moved in sync, my body craved him.
I could feel my heart racing..
It's like my heart opened up a new pathway that I had tried to forget..
The passion, the desire, it's so overwhelming..
I pull away, Calum's smile ear to ear, "I've missed you.. I've missed us.."
Calum nods, still smiling, "I've missed you too..", he runs a hand through his hair nervously, "I never got the chance to say this properly but I love you Y/N, and just like in the song, I won't give you away again- I already made that mistake and I don't think I could go through that again".
I can't believe he just used my own lyrics to confess his love.. I chuckle at the thought, I bet he's been waiting to say that. I nudge him playfully, "I love you too, now shut up and kiss me again, you fool".

And with that, my lips were met with his again.

I'm unsure what the future holds for Calum and I but in this moment, I felt the love and trust. We've kissed before but things feel different, I know he means it this time and I can't wait to see where things go.

Thank you all for reading x

Feel free to read Ashtons ending as well ♥️

If not, I just want to say a massive thanks to everyone who has supported me! I've really enjoyed writing this and if you have any ideas for future stories, let me know or if you want some follow up chapters, or even a sequel, comment below and I'll see what I can do x