8 🌸

Sound of birds chirping, students chattering was heard by Hwanwoong as he was speed walking to the park. He hurried as soon as he sees the familiar face that he is supposed to meet up with. Though, Ravn doesn't seem to notice him when he is already near. No surprise, because the shorter could see the male's ears were plugged with earphones, eyes focusing on his laptop screen. Hwanwoong steps closer, crouching down beside Ravn before poking the male's arm.

The action caused the other to finally turn towards him, which startled Hwanwoong slightly since Ravn's face wasn't covered with a mask. Though he was captivated again by the older's look, he immediately shakes his head to remove such thought in his mind.

"Sorry I was late. I- uh...I kind of forgot about it..." Hwanwoong lowers his head since he felt guilty. How could he not when he failed to recall their planned to meet up. He has never forgot such things, but somehow this one slipped his mind.

"Did you wait long?", he continues, lifting eyes to sneak a glance at the older's reaction. Which, to his surprise, isn't a pissed off expression like what he expected. It's more of a blank look.

"No big deal. I only just arrive a few minutes ago." Ravn explains as he places his earphones to the side, placing his laptop, that was was on his lap, onto the grass. Hwanwoong nods, removing his backpack to place it beside him as he sits down in front of Ravn. The older stared at Hwanwoong with a questioning look, causing Hwanwoong to be slightly scared, wondering if he pissed Ravn because he was late.

"Why are you sitting over there?" Ravn suddenly says, which startled Hwanwoong who is sitting in front of him. He doesn't know what to answer. Well he could tell the reason, but telling Ravn that his reason is that because he is scared of the male doesn't sound that appealing. He stutters, looking away as he tries to think of an answer. Though, he didn't need to think for quite a long time as Ravn pats the empty spot beside him.

"Sit here. It'll be easier for us to discuss if you're beside me"

Hwanwoong blinks a few time, gripping his backpack as he slowly stands up, moving to take a seat beside the older. Though still a space between them to which Ravn doesn't notice yet since his eyes went glued back to the laptop screen. Hwanwoong, being curious, leans over slightly to see what the older is doing.

He didn't go unnoticed though. Ravn shifts his gaze towards Hwanwoong, the boy not noticing the older looking at him. Hwanwoong was slightly taken back when he sees Ravn moves the laptop to put it between them. Just when he thought that was all, Ravn scooting closer to him, removing the previous gap that was between them.

"You ok?" Ravn asks when he sees the younger's red cheeks. He panics when he got called out, instantly shaking his head. "It's nothing" he mumbles.

"You sure? Maybe the park is too hot right now?" Ravn looks around, seeing that there are some people but not a lot. He wonders if the place they are currently sitting at, which is under a shady tree, is ok enough.

"I-it's ok. I'm just tired from running over here", Hwanwoong reassures. He can't say he was flustered because of Ravn. Too direct.

The older stays silent as he eyes the younger for a moment before grabbing his backpack, rummaging the inside as he was searching for something. Hwanwoong lifts his eyes to the older when he felt his cheek being pressed with something slightly cold.

"Here. You probably need it more than me." Ravn says as he holds a water bottle in front of Hwanwoong. The younger eyes the item, not knowing what to say, so he just takes it, thanking the older with a slight smile.