Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Esme Thompson and I am 21 years old. I live with my mom in Phoenix, Arizona. My dad left me and my mom when I was 3 years old. I've never wanted to know him. My mom said he was an alcoholic and I would be better off without him. My mom is the only person I need in my life.

I've got quite a following on tiktok. I'm currently at 596K and it is increasing every day. I don't do anything special, I just dance and do some transitions like any other person.

In a couple of days I am moving to LA and I am so excited. There is so much I can achieve out in LA compared to Arizona. I have thought long and hard about this for months and I decided to do it; I didn't want to have any regrets in life. Everyone was so excited for me. I mean they were a bit gutted to seen me go but they knew I wanted to achieve my dreams.

My boyfriend, Jake, did not appreciate me leaving. We've had so many arguments about all of this. I was still going to move if he liked it or not. Jake and I have been dating for a year. It's not always been the best of times. I mean we have our good times but we have been through some rocky moments; every couple goes through this. My friends don't like Jake. They have told me that I should leave him as the relationship is toxic. I never believe them because I'm in love with this boy... or at least I think I am.

Jake has been acting really strange recently. He's not cuddly anymore, he barely kisses me and holds me, and he doesn't even want to have fun in the bedroom. I'm not with him for sex but ever since I told him about LA he's distanced himself.

Jake and I were having a night in together, this is the most I've seen him for a while. He went to the kitchen and I heard his phone buzz next to my leg. I know I shouldn't loom but I did anyway. My heart broke at what I had read,

Baby girl😘❤️
This afternoon was fun, I can't wait to do it again💦 just dump Esme already, you know I'm the one who you should be with💕

Jake walked in and saw me crying. "Baby what's wrong?" He asked walking towards me. I got up from the sofa and backed away from him. "You don't get to call me that anymore." I spat. He stood their with a confused look on his face. "Look at your phone." I said, wiping the tears away.

He looked at his phone and his face dropped. "Babe it's not what it looks like." He said. "Do not give me that! I can't believe I was planning on making this long distance relationship work. We're done Jake." I grabbed my phone and was about to head out the door. Jake grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him. His whole demeanour changed. "Oh please you know you can't live without me. We both know you'll come crawling back to me in no time." His tightened his grip on my wrist, causing me to wince.

I was not going to take anymore of this. I pulled my wrist out of his grasp and punched him in the face. "We're over." I yelled. I ran out of the door and drove off in my car. I blocked Jake from my social media. I couldn't do this, I didn't want him in my life. I deserve a hell of a lot better.