Part 16 "Emergency"

Willow's POV*

The next day was, well, also disappointing. Everyone had better plans, you got a car to be ready if you needed to chase after a wolf, then Niall sent everyone some good places where you can go and trap it, but no werewolves showed. Later on that day when you decided to return to the hotel room with Calum, you had another group call.

-

"Please tell me that noone could find a wolf.  We searched everywhere, even the outskirts of the town" Sierra sighs with disappointment.

"It's the same here" you add reluctantly, other people give their confirmation that nothing happend with them.

"I think I saw someone tried to shoot a person" Michael says as if it was a normal everyday thing, that's something?

"What happend, why didn't you do something?" Calum asks immediately.

"Well, he didn't do anything so I can't just attack a person publicly" he defends himself.

"You could've reported him to someone, where was Niall then, why didn't any of you do it?" Liam asks, siding along with Cal.

"I went over to the flat across the street" Niall explains, not sounding too proud of his decision, after that there's a small argument about what should've or shouldn't have happend.

"Enough" Calum growls as everyone shuts up. You could think that everyone's becoming snappy by now, your group is a mess, isn't it?

"Arguing is not going to get us anywhere, let's do something else or go for a walk and just take a break. If nothing happens tomorrow we're either way going to regroup in two days. Talk to everyone later" Calum finishes, taking in a deep breath at the end and sounding like the only voice of reason for now. The others sheepishly say goodbye and some exchange apologies even and the phone call ends.

"We're really not getting anywhere with this, are we Cal?" you question, laying back on the bed. He shakes his head no, this was taking a toll on him more than he would show.

"We just have to be patient" he decides to settle for that.

"Maybe we'd be better if we went back to our roots, I believe that everyone's dying to transform" you answer as a small smile appears. Xou may have had your first transformation at sixteen, but you can't miss what you never knew and now you really do.

"You're right, we could all use a hunt or a long run" Calum cheers up as he sits down next to you, so you prop yourself in a way that you're leaning on his shoulder.

"We could've shifted at the house, but even there it's still risky, except the basement" you state, closing your eyes as you focused on the silence that surrounded you.

"I don't think it's a good idea even there, kitty" he sighs, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't you wish we were normal sometimes? That our world never existed and we lived normal lives amongst other humans?" you question out of nowhere. Actually you'd never trade being a werecat for a human, but in situations like these it wouldn't hurt to be normal.

"Normal is boring Willow, I would never want to be something else. Besides, I wouldn't have met any of my friends, or you" he concludes and you turn to look at his dark, brown eyes - still flickering, full of hope, he gave up once, a long time ago, but never again.