Part 42 "Ghost of you"

"My head" you said, bringing your hand to rub circles on it. It hurt quite a bit, you must've hit it somehow. As your eyes adjusted to the darkness you were in some shapes started to appear. You were back in your human form, sitting down and as you looked to your left there was Calum laying down, maybe unconscious.

"Calum" you said, shaking him a little bit, but no response.

"Cal...Calum!" you repeated, shaking him a little stronger. Your heartbeat quickened, your breathing pattern became irregular, so you placed your head on his chest to listen if his heart is still beating.

"Oh, thank God..." you sighed in relief, he's just knocked out. You looked around the underground area you were in, little to no light sources, not too big, somewhat smaller than the tunnels, bugs crawling here and there and running water could be heard somewhere deeper in the tunnel. What happend? You just know that a glow pulled you and Calum in the ground and that outside your friends are battling to stay alive while you are here doing nothing!

"Willow?" you flinched at the sound, but quickly remembered it's Calum who's woken up. He sat up straight and rubbed his head the same as you did moments ago.

"Are you okay? Where are we?" he questioned, immediately getting worried about you and his voice was raspy just like when he wakes up.

"I'm okay, but we can't just dig our way out, who knows how deep underground are we" you said, taking another look up and around, but no, no exits.

"Damn it. Let's continue following the tunnel, there's gotta be someway to exit" he says, standing up. You do too and start walking down the tunnel in almost full darkness. A little into the walk you broke the silence.

"We can't be here, we don't have time".

"Did you try to reach Niall?" he asked, but you shook your head and pointed to your ear. You've lost your earpieces or rather something took them from you.

"Shit, you're right. Mine are gone as well" Calum cursed.

"Let's just follow the tunnel" you whispered, defeated by the circumstances you were in.

-

"I don't know if-" you were about to say something when you felt your foot not touch any ground you thought was before you.

"Woah!" Calum said, quickly catching you and bringing you back away from the hole that didn't look to have an end from your perspective. You waited a second to catch your breath, then thanked him quietly and looked down. There was no way around it, you didn't even know if there is any way left to go except back or down.

"What do we do now?" you questioned, more yourself than him.

"Well, seeing as we've got nowhere to go, maybe digging is the only way out?" Calum suggests, scratching the back of his neck. You looked up, some points on the wall you could maybe get across on, but they were likely to break if you tried tho. There was a bigger platform on the left, but you couldn't see anything on it nor a way to it.

"I think we should go back" you say in defeat. Just as the two of you were about to turn back a gust of strong wind hit you and suddenly hundreds of ghosts flew right through you, running off in their shifted forms, werecats and werewolves. You didn't know you were screaming from suprise or fear untill Calum hugged you and put a hand on your mouth to keep you calm. You watched them run so gracefully, coming up from the black cloud of smoke and it was mesmerising. That's why you haven't seen any of them up, they've been hiding here because of people for who knows how long, just like your kind too. After a minute you saw two more ghosts, but they weren't running, they walked and stopped right in front of you, both emitting white glow from them same as others. They just stood there, but you knew they had no control over them, they had noone in their bodies, so they couldn't watch you, however, you could watch them and...you knew who they were.