Part 37 "Figuring things out"

"So you have went to absolutely every single location?" you questioned Niall. It was the next day and currently everyone in your group, including Han and a couple of IT engineers were in the technology room.

"Every single one that we've found, yes" he nods, looking back at the screen.

"She surely knows that we're tracking her down, so she must've moved them or set up fake ones" Calum comments.

"Of course she does, but she wouldn't have known that you got a flash, would she?" Han quirks a brow.

"We've searched everything sir" a person from the side says.

"This is absurd, she can't be that good" Sarah rolls her eyes.

"Can we inspect it?" Crystal questions, so Han looks at the engineers for an approval which they give. That's how you've spent an entire week, going over and over all the files you had on her or suspects who were thought she works with. You haven't found anything, no locations, no clues, she must have hired an a excellent hacker working for her. The safe house where you were trapped was also inspected, but turned out she already destroyed everything in it. You got used to living here also, even if you couldn't go out because it was too risky. Your friends could shift freely when they had to inspect them or do some tests, but you couldn't, you'd always come up with an excuse and everyone would chime in and they'd pass you thankfully. Now here you were, past midnight, staring at the blank screen mindlessly in the living room.

"Willow you should go to sleep" Niall yawned since he was the only one awake besides you. You didn't want Calum to worry or anyone so you waited 'till they were asleep and then got to work. You knew there has to be some trick, something that if she sends to the businessmen they'd get the secret message. But how? Niall was sitting across from you, doing the same exact thing, but with more sleepy eyes and dark circles under them anf he had already drank three cups of coffee which he said helps him keep awake.

"No, I swear, if I just look at it a little more..." you tried to persuade him...or maybe more you. Either way you continued looking at the files.

"There's tomorrow for that" he said and in a few seconds your screen was down. He was standing up now, one of his hands on the closed laptop with a serious gaze staring right at you. His light, brown hair was ruffled, he was in shorts and a simple T-Shirt and his ocean eyes were partly concerned, although mostly sleepy. You admired how he cared more for you then himself, what he didn't realise was that werecats especially love night, but aren't nocturnal. Which meant you could last probably an hour or so more, he however, should get some rest.

"Niall you should go too" you say, crossing your arms. Je sighs, slowly retreating his hand and putting it in his pocket.

"I won't be too long, just go. I am the tech guy, right?" he smiles lightly to which you chuckle and a yawn escapes your lips.

"I am only going if you are" you stare him down, so he looks down to the floor, then back to you.

"You are a very stubborn person, anyone ever told you that before?" he shakes his head.

"Not that I recall" you laugh lightly and he joins you.

"I seriously think I'll figure something out tonight" you say, the smile leaving his face.

"Why can't it be tomorrow? Why is tonight so important?" he sits down now, his gaze soft.

"Don't tell the others please, I don't want them to jump to conclusions" you gulp, looking away. You sensed him leaning closer, but then he stopped suddenly.