Part 30 "Broken pieces"

You made sure you were somewhere deeper in the forest before stopping. Calum gently placed you down, his shirt had you tear stains on it because you didn't stop crying the whole way here. You saw Sarah slide down a tree close to yours, hugging herself and putting her head on her knees. Luke sat down with Sierra and just hugged her close, both of them sniffling. Niall kept looking off into the distance, he brought one hand to rub his eyes and fix his hair a little bit, then he put them back in his pockets. Liam just leaned on a tree and closed his eyes, trying to hold it together even after such a sight. Louis was walking around, but he would stop occasionally and you would hear him mutter something along the lines of "It's my fault" but it wasn't his fault. It was yours. If you didn't suggest to go out yesterday none of this would have happend...none of it... You looked at Calum after collecting yourself a little bit. He was broken, but unlike how he used to do, he didn't show it. He sat down next to you, bringing one of his hands around your back bringing you closer to him. You turned to look directly at him, his eyes longing on yours, slightly glossy, shattered in a million pieces... He brought his other hand and hugged you fully now, his head in the crook of your neck. He stroked your back softly and soothingly, knowing it helped, even that tiny bit.

"It's gonna be okay" he whispered. He may be saying this to you, but he needs it as much as you now too.

"We'll make it through" he added, stilling his hand on your back. The abandoned woods silenced you, the void and state of mind you currently were in wasn't good, but you knew you had someone who understood you.

"We have to" he said almost inaudible. You tightened your grip on him, letting yourself loose in Calum's embrace. You forgot about your leg untill he pulled away and fixated his gaze on it. It wasn't pretty and now that you remember you had it, it hurt like hell.

"We have to get that out" he mumbled glancing at Louis.

"I have to talk to Michael..." Sierra excused herself out the blue.

"I'll go with you" Luke said, as he was probably scared that if you leave anyone alone now something bad will happen. And you're not going to lie, you had paranoia too. The two of them walked away and then you noticed Niall come to Sarah and hug her from the side, he really was a good lad. Liam came to the two of them, but sat next to Sarah so he was near you and Calum too. Louis stopped pacing around and turned to look at your wound.

"Let me get that" he managed to say, kneeling down next to you. Calum tried to help him the best he could, you tried to move and let out any noise the least you could to make it easier for them.

"Got it" Louis managed to smile a little bit, as he threw it away he stood up and then sat down completely, letting out a deep sigh. After a minute or two Luke and Sierra came back and you all formed a small circle together.

"The barrier is closed again" Si informs, but it wasn't a shock to you, Calum and Sarah, but the other guys were staring wide eyed.

"That's what the shaking meant?" Louis questions and you nod in confirmation.

"What about the people that were in our world?" Calum asks.

"They have been thrown out. Somehow the spell was designed to only allow us in and if people did enter while the barrier was still up it would return them back" Sierra explains.

"That's good at least" Sarah mumbles.

"For now..." Niall whispers.
After a few moments Si speaks up again.