Part 17 "Too soon"

Crystal's POV*

"Bye Si" I just finished a call with Sierra since she was checking up on me. Basically everyone called me and Harry either in the morning or evening to check up on us, but Michael was always reserved to be first and last. In his words he wanted me to be the first person he hears in the morning and the last person to hear before he falls asleep, yes I've got a cheesy boyfriend and I'm proud of it. I went downstairs as I was reading some book and relaxing in my room, but got a sudden craving for something else.

"Hey Harry what's for dinner?" let me tell you I was starving.

"What do you want me to make, since yesterday you wanted a pizza with ham, corn, pepperoni, pineapple and fish..." his disgusted face made me laugh.

"I don't know, whatever you want. Don't have any preferences today" I say happily, he nods before flashing a smile. I hate being pregnant, everyone thinks you're helpless and I'm only six weeks in, come on. But I seemed awfully large for what I should look like...or maybe I was just body shaming myself, probably that one. I sat on the stool, watching as Harry grabbed some ingredients from the fridge.

"How many?" he asked, refering to how many times I've thrown up today, but thankfully only once today.

"One" I smile greatfull, he nods, grabbing a pan from the lower cabinet.

"What do you think, will they find a wolf?" I asked trying to keep myself busy with conversations, it's really weird not having the whole gang around.

"They will, but the news said that they've died down, the last five have been seen in New York, but the rest is quiet" he explains nonchalantly.

"Of course" I roll my eyes, taping my fingers on the counter which now looked very interesting to me, I look like a child, don't I? My head snapped back in Harry's direction as I heard a loud thump above us.

"Harry..." I began, he looked up, leaving the food and turning the stove off as he walked fastly over to the front door.

"Stay there" he said in a stern voice. What's happening, I'm getting scared, a lot. From my seat I think I saw a few very faint figures from the windows of the living room, and then another loud thump was heard.

"Harry" I said in a whisper, my voice sounding high still.

"Crystal run!" he shouted and before my eyes glass was broken, bits and pieces flying straight into the house. Harry grabbed me and we crouched down behind the couch as bullets kept on shooting in front of us.

"What is happening?" I whisper-yell, heavily breathing all of a sudden.

"Crystal we have to get away, do you have your phone and gun?" he asked and I nodded vigorously. He licked his lips, glancing at the front door, I could see the figures were getting closer now and we have to move immediately.

"Where do we go? They've cornered us" I whispered, glancing at the windows behind me, I can swear that I see someone on the roof three houses away from ours.

"Can you follow me?" he asks, worriedly looking at me, I nod determined. I know I have to think about the baby, but if I don't pull the strings now, both of us will be dead. My hands were shaking, my senses were acting very strange, If I could transform I would instantly which is a problem now. Because I have to fight the urge to let my wolf take over and to fight, but with me getting scared it was difficult and now was not the time to be a scared puppy.