Part 33 "Trust"

"My name is Han Zhang and I'm very sorry about all of this chaos" he started. Your group's glares were still on him and you could feel Calum's chest rising up and down steadily.

"These are all our people, but we don't want to harm you in any possible way. You see, we are a team of people from all around the world who are trying to get a friendly connection with your species" he kept explaining and you weren't sure if he was telling the truth. Your mother had told you how to tell, but Ashton had known much better since he lived with her longer. Besides, one part of you was believing him, but you can't quite trust him, yet.

"Not the message we got..." Michael remarks, looking away.

"It wasn't planned like this, at all. The first man was trying to talk to you and then started the chase, but all we wanted is to talk to you. There were no firearms or fighting against you" Han quirked a brow, making Michael look at him again.

"We don't give in easily, especially now" Calum says and Han respectfully nods.

"Understandable, but please let me show you something" he asks. You glanced at everyone and lastly Cal for guidance. He looked at Han then back at you, but nodded shortly after. Han put his hands down and got out his phone.

"If you can..." he gestured for you to come closer and you hesitantly did. "You know miss Tayla I'm sure, well she has her team of people who want to get to you and all of your kind. We are trying to locate her safe houses and rescue the wolfs she caught" Han spoke. Your eyes widened and you couldn't help but ask.

"How do you know about Tayla?".

"I was aware of her ever since she got in Australia, but until this year I didn't know anything about her. When the peninsula appeared it was like discovering the world all over again and then just a few days prior to this she posted your pictures along with so many others. We knew we had to help you" Han says sincerely, smiling.

"Who are 'we'?" Sarah questioned, being sceptical.

"All of these people you saw around you and many more" he explains. Your group took a few steps back and stared at Han, some of you were looking behind him where more people stood and they all seemed hopeful that you do cooperate.

"What do you get out of this?" Calum questioned serious. He never wanted to be used again, in any kind of matter, love, business, whatever this was and you knew that.

"We get to learn about you and change the point of view of humanity" Han answers. Silence fell amongst you, should you believe him, can you really put your trust in all these people...? Even Niall, Liam and Louis taught you that people can be cruel and bad...so, what do you do?

"Here...you guys-" Han said pointing at Louis, Liam and Niall.

"-are humans and have helped them right?".

"But that's different... We've known them and haven't done any of this, they chose to trust us" Niall confidently said.

"And that's what I'm asking from you too... Please, we've gotta put an end to this. Both of our species are in danger as long as Tayla's pulling all the strings" Han pleads.

"What do you need us to do?" Calum sighs, but offers him a small smile afterwards making Han grin widely.

"Come with us to Sydney, we have our base there. You'll get your own rooms, everything you need and we'll put an end to this, deal?" Han reaches a hand forward, waiting for Calum to accept his offer.