Part 27 "Choices are never simple"

After Tayla said those words you were even more anxious, you have to find a way to escape, somehow.... If you could just break these stupid metal things! You noticed Calum gulp which didn't help you, he wasn't scared throughout this whole mission untill the present moment. Mali was examining the situation, trying to keep calm and collected as always, but her stiffened shoulders were giving her nervousness away.

"What are you gonna do?" Calum challenges her, his eyes receiving hints of red and orange in them. She just sends him a smile and you didn't like it one bit, then she keeps walking around the small room eying each of you. You sigh as she finally stops and claps her hands together.

"Camera 2 on" she says, smirking afterwards.

"What the hell does that mean, what are you doing?" Mali questions, slightly moving in her chair. Tayla giggles again, she really loves to do that and make you want to slap her, but you're not in the situation to do so unfortunately.

"Your friends can see and hear you now, which will make it so much more fun" she explains.

"Why, what- just fucking tell us what do you want?!" you burst out, this was getting irritating.

"Oh Willow, but you already know what I want. My dad's dream to become true, but I will be the queen, not him. And you and your gang are an obstacle in my path, but this will ease my mind" she flashes you a smile, but you just have a disgusted look on your face.

"Why? Can't you see that humans and werecats are just the same as werewolves?" Mali says to which Tayla shakes her head no.

"They are filthy and unworthy of existing".

"How can you say that? What makes you the one to determine who is and isn't worthy of living?!" Calum now speaks up.

"Because I know what is right. Humans hunted us into having to shield ourselves from the rest of the world, werecats were in way of us having it whole, but not after I finish with this world" she explains in all seriousness.

"No, everyone was living in peace! It was our ancestors fault because they didn't do anything to show the humans what we really are and their fault for not listening!" you say.

"And having our piece of the world was working out great, we live together and stay together!" Calum adds onto your sentence. Tayla shakes her head and there's a moment of silence, you just now realized that the rest of the group can hear you too, they are probably supporting you through this.

"Did Xavier do something?" Mali questions out of the blue, her eyes narrowing and her head tilting to the side. Tayla's eyes widen at her words and she turns her back to the three of you, Calum and you glanced at Mali then at Tayla, going back and forward.

"What do you mean by that?" Tayla says very quietly.

"You're not doing this for ruling the world. You're not doing this for revenge. You're doing this to... To make your father finally be proud of you" Mali says also in the same tone. The whole room fell silent yet again, but this time Tayla was the one slightly shaking.

"I've done my father proud already you bitch, do you think you know anything about me?! No! You met the fake me when you were younger
You know nothing, none of you!" she yells throughout the room. She sniffles a little bit, then you notice a single tear sliding down her cheek to fall on the cold, white ground beneath you.