Part 44 "On the edge"

"I wasn't prepared for running like this today" Michael complains for the twentieth time since you started running back. As soon as you said that you'll need to go immediately, some people took it seriously. Others, Michael, didn't of course. You left Louis, Liam and the rest of the people back to wait for a helicopter, which shouldn't be too long until it arrives.

"Shut up Cliffo, one day you'll have to run after the twins. Imagine that" Sierra remarks. You laughed in yourself at the thought, but your focus remained ahead. This time you were first in line, rather than Calum, who was right behind you. Although you were somewhat far away from the entrance to this peninsula, you knew that Conall and Freya will help you run faster by some sorts of spells.

"Why didn't we wait for the helicopter?" Luke questions.

"Cause we don't have time to waste. Don't you feel you're faster than usual?" Calum explained. Luke glanced down as his legs carried him forward, then he looked back and nodded. It was all back to square one where you started. Running freely in the wind, claws digging in the dirt with every step of the way, it was the feeling of home. Because home, it was wherever the pack was.

"So Sarah is telling me that Han is basically yelling at us to not come back, especially shifted" Sierra says. She was using her powers to talk to Sarah and Crystal who were now, probably getting yelled at by everyone there to tell you not to come.

"We have to do this" Calum says, so you glance back as Sierra nods, turning your head back quickly to watch where you were going. There was this growing feeling of anxiousness in your stomach, as you approached closer and closer. It was hard not to think about what will happen. You put all your trust in those two ghosts that their spell will work and Tayla will have nothing else to do than to surrender.

"Look! There's the helicopter!" Michael says, so everyone's heads shot up to look at the machine.

"Good, let's keep going" you encourage. Maybe you should've thought all of this through with the rest of the team, but there's no turning back now. Only one battle left to fight.

***

"Hold up!" Han yells at you. You've almost reached the clearing that connects to the other world, but you were still shielded off by the thick line of trees.

"Han?" Calum says in suprise, as everyone stops abruptly and stares at him. Not a second after more people emerge, including Crystal, Sarah and Niall, as well as Dr Silva, some technicians you know, and a good chunk of the whole team. You shifted back, followed by the rest of your friends.

"What's going on?" Luke questions.  You kind of walk towards the team until Crystal runs over to hug Mike, while Sarah hugs Luke, Niall comes to Han and Seth who were in the middle.

"We can't let you just walk out, there's protestants there, police, news reporters, army... What were you thinking?!" Seth says in a stern voice, rather than his usual sweet one.

"We couldn't stop them, I'm sorry" you hear Crystal whisper from behind you.

"Listen, I know you've all come to stop us, but we have to get out there now" Calum says in the same tone as Seth.

"Absolutely not Calum, you know that's insane" Niall says, taking his side with the team.

"We can't just stand here and argue" Sierra remarks.