Part 45 "Open fire"

This would not be good. She had a plan, of course she did, not even the government could stop her, but they didn't know that, you did. You glanced at your friends who weren't sure what to expect and you knew you couldn't shift back for now. If you try to stand up to her the crowd will hate on you more, what do you do? Just let everyone else control the situation? No, you won't allow this. The limousines stopped on the clearing behind the police and army, some people came to the cars and opened the doors to the presidents and prime ministers along with others who you didn't know positions of. You couldn't recognise everybody, but did a lot of people, Viktor showed you most of their pictures some time ago. When the Australia's prime minister stepped out the crowd got louder, they started shouting, demanding to know what's going on. How to act, is your group dangerous, is he the one standing behind everything etc. They started shushing the crowd down, even Tayla stepped back...only for now tho, she had something up her sleeve, if only you knew what.

"Do we stay here Calum?" Michael's voice eched.

"Let's see what happens, it'll be easy to get out if the situation gets worse. I'm not risking anyone's life today" Cal answered. You understood that he didn't want something bad to happen, but running away now? When you're so close to getting to Tayla? Shame you can't just do the spell and go. You have to time it right, otherwise people will be even more scared, you give them werewolves and werecats and now fucking ghosts, yes, too much. The news reporters got up in the governments faces as much as they could, the crowd was loud as ever and it was getting hard to keep them back, however, they started talking about you. The prime minister of Australia explained that the team was there to learn more about you, help you get back on your feet after everything and that you've done nothing to hurt them... That's not exactly true...but you didn't know they wanted to help you when they started chasing you, come on. That's all in the past now though. Some believed him, then more people as the other presidents and prime ministers joined, confirming everything he's been saying. They also brought up your team, explaining who they are, what you've done so far. They had been receiving all information from the team during your tests in the base, they know about the plan also and since something went out of hand they've been called here. Tayla wasn't mentioned for some reason when clearly she is here...but when you took a glance at the spot she was standing at, she was gone.

"Does anyone see Tayla?" you heard Sierra's voice echo.

"Shit, she's not there" Crystal curses.

"I'll tell Han. You try to look around, but don't get too close to the crowd and don't be alone, even in this small area" Calum orders and you nod amongst eachother, standing up to circle around. You kept watch of everyone from the corner of your eye, Sarah was with you while Mike went with Crys and Luke with Si. Calum ran up to Han making people scream in fear, but they calmed down once they noticed him just stare at Han eye to eye, not doing anything. The prime minister took this opportunity to say.

"No need to fear, people, they are our friends".

-

You looked around for a few minutes, but there was no sight of Tayla. Han made sure everyone is informed and they told you to come back in the line to shift back in front of everyone, but you weren't sure how good of an idea that is. The governments stood aside so all the spotlight was on you. With people were yelling for you to shift, you weren't sure if some of it seemed like cheers, maybe that's just the optimistic side of you, the smaller one.

"They are just like us, have feelings, dreams, wishes, goals, they are human too, but can be much more. Please my friends, as a sign of our new bond, show the world your true selves" one of the presidents spoke and at that moment your whole body tensed. It was so fast, the time went slow motion, a dart started flying straight towards Calum from the left, but you didn't have time to tell him. You couldn't get him out of the way so you jumped forward when you felt the sting in your abdomen. It was so small, you could barely see it, but you felt the serum being injected in your body.