Part 43 "Undoing the wrong"

As shallow huffs of air left your mouth, your body exhausted, your eyes witnessed something that didn't seem real. A lot of things from  your world were only imagination for humans, but this, this is something else. The ghost like, yellow jaguar stood staring at the black ghost of the wolf, who was looking back just as intently. Calum, although under the paws of the wolf, was still bewildered by the sight in front of him. There was blood on his face, his clothes, scratches everywhere, yet he knew it's not the wolf's fault. Certain people had made him see all the people in the world in the same light as the ones who used him.

"Let him go" you heard the jaguar say softly. The wolf glanced at Calum, then back to her and you as you sat up. He folded his ears backwards as to say he's sorry, then lifted his paw off of Calum, who finally got enough air in his lungs after that. Suddenly the cat ghost picked you up and placed you to sit right next to Calum, so you sat on your knees and curiously looked at the two ghosts who towered over him and you. Only yours and Calum's breathing could be heard in the entire place, you couldn't hear the running water anymore, not the bugs that crawled, you were solely focused on them.

"How did you come here?" the jaguar asked. You glanced at Calum to kind of ask who will answer, so he gave a slight nod and turned to face the two ghosts again.

"We don't know, something pulled us towards the tree and then the ground swallowed us" he explained. They briefly looked at one another then back to you.

"Who are you?" the cat continued.

"I'm Willow and this is Calum" you answered.

"You're a werecat and a werewolf traveling together, why is that?" she added. You were confused by her words, were they not aware of the last five years and everything that's happend?

"Werewolves and werecats live together in one village. We live together in a house actually, she's my mate" Calum addresses. The wolf shakes his head at Calum's words, but the cat looks to be more interested in you two then ever.

"How long has that been going on?" she questions.

"Five years... I'm sorry, but when was the last time you've seen daylight?" you couldn't hold it, you just had to ask. They looked down, like they felt ashamed, guilty. The cat looked around the hole you were in, sinking in the walls, the darkness that surrounded you, just the glow illuminating off of them was the only light and the wolf followed her, looking around just the same, his gaze landing back on her.

"It's...been a while... A long, long while" the wolf speaks for the first time after the attack.

"I-i don't remember the last time I saw the outside world" the cat hangs her head low. You suddenly felt great sympathy for the two beings. You glanced at Calum, his brows furrowed, the glint in his eyes showing that he was thinking just the same as you.

"Can we ask you something?" you questioned. They suddenly looked back at you, the wolf challenging you with his piercing gaze, while the cat's curiousity had a softer look, her alertness still there. You explained to them the whole situation you were in, everything from the start, but leaving details out, the more time you waste the more your stomach twists at the horrible thoughts dancing in your mind. You explained how the war started six years ago with Xavier, leading up to your journey with Zaine. Calum explained how the village was formed and how you two became mates, then the barrier was closed and so on. Every time you spoke of the barrier or Tayla their stance would stiffen, it was an obvious reaction to something she did in the past.