Part 20 "Time is ticking by"

It was the night before you had to go to New York and experience your first plane flight ever. The chatter slowly died down as the minutes went on which meant the boys will soon go back to their room and the girls will go to sleep, but you had something to do.

"Goodnight everyone" said the guys and exited your room, you said it back and in fifteen minutes everyone was ready for bed.

"You're not asleep are you?" you asked, getting in Sarah's head.

"No, why?" she questioned, slowly sitting up straight to look at you. "Can we talk?" you continue, tilting your head to the side.

"Okay, where do you wanna go?" she rubbed her eyes before throwing the blanket off of her as she got up.

"The benches in front of the hotel" you decide also getting up to put on pants, and not shorts in which you were currently in. You two sneaked out of your room quietly, glancing one last time at the others and then went out to the benches. The hotel was very quiet, some noises here and there, but thankfully noone who you knew was outside.

"What's wrong Willow?" Sarah asks you finally, once you two have sat on one of the benches outside of the hotel. She puts her hands in her pockets diverting her gaze off into the distance and you do the same.

"I've wanted to ask you that" you sigh, she still keeps her gaze forward.

"What do you mean?" she asks with no emotion.

"Are you sure everything's okay with you and Mali?" you continue on, there's a moment of silence as she thinks for an answer.

"Everything's perfect with her I don't even know why I got so mad at her. She's my best friend..." Sarah admits looking down.

"But something else is wrong, isn't it?" you try to push it, she has to tell you, it's not good to hide it from anyone, you know that best.

"Fine Willow, listen-" she goes on to tell you what happend in the hotel in Sydney after she tried to kiss Liam, but that didn't happen and then she went over to Ash because she couldn't sleep. Now you knew why Ashton was looking at her the whole day today.

"-but we never talked about it and I really don't want to" she brings her knees to her chest, hugging her legs with her arms as she lets out a deep breath.

"But you don't like Ashton?" you question her.

"I don't, I don't know I've never thought of him that way..." she says confused. Your mind connects the pieces from the story and in the end this has two ways to go on.

"And you don't know if he likes me, he's just my friend after all, he just wanted to help me go to sleep...since I so rudely asked for help..." she sighs, rubbing her eyes, so you look at her now. Her red hair dangling on her back in waves, her small hands wrapped tight as she hugged herself, her eyes tired from this talk and the whole day.

"I know him inside and out Sarah, but I don't want you to hurt him" you gulp, maybe that was the wrong thing to say.

"I'd never do that to Ash, but I don't like him Willow, I just don't" she looks at you now, you examine her face, behind those eyes were little lies that she didn't know she said.