Chapter 32

Third person pov

She got ready to meet up with Jinyoung. She wanted to meet him first before meeting Jimin.

"You're blooming these days"Momo complimented and Jeongyeon looked at her with a confused face.

"I'm serious. The others noticed it too" she said. Maybe it's a good thing she thought.

"I'm going now"she told Momo and went outside their room. Jihyo is in the living room with Nayeon and they're eating snacks.

"Guess who's not coming back single?"Jeongyeon joked. They turned their  faces to her, shocked. She laughed and left them trying to process what she just said. It's 5:20 already so she walked towards their meeting place.

She reached the place and he's not yet here. She sat on a bench first while waiting. After 5 minutes she saw him running.

"I'm sorry I'm late" he said, catching his breathe. Jeongyeon patted the space beside her, indicating him to sit.

"It's fine. I just wanna say something"she stated. She was nervous, she thought about this whole night because she didn't wanna have any regrets.

"About what you asked me before"she said. Jinyoung is recalling what she asked her before.

"Oh about being my girlfriend?" he asked and she nodded, biting her lip.
He got nervous as well.

"I liked you since our first year and I don't know if you noticed but yeah.. I didn't tell you because I knew you didn't feel the same way" she confessed. Jinyoung didn't know. All he wanted that time was to be her friend. He was surprised to hear that, he felt happy but he also felt guilty that he wasn't able to notice that. He let her continue.

"When you told me you like me, I felt happy. I really did but..you know things change, right?"

Jinyoung gulped nervously, knowing where this is going but he let her continue.

"I really appreciate the things you did for me. The times we spent together, they're meaningful to me. You made me happy a lot, I won't forget that. You are a really good guy, no doubt but I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I just don't feel that way anymore"she started to tear up. Jinyoung chuckled.

"I'm the one getting rejected here. Why are you crying?"he asked, wiping her tears.

"I'm really sorry"she apologized. She's worried about him. She didn't want to hurt anyone but she has to.

"It's okay, I understand"he rubbed her back.

"You'll find someone better for you"she stated.

"I know so don't worry about me. I'll be happy for you" He smiled at her.

"So did someone caught your heart?" he asked.

"Jimin"she answered and Jinyoung respected that.

"We can still be friends, right?" he asked and she nodded in response.
He stood up.

"Can I atleast hug you for the last time?" he asked opening his arms. Jeongyeon chuckled before hugging. He hugged her so tight as if he didn't wanna let go.

As he was hugging her, something caught his eye across the road.

"He's there"he pointed, releasing from the hug. Jeongyeon's eyes widened when she saw him walking away.

"I'll support you no matter what but if he hurts you, I'll give him a lesson. Now go"Jinyoung said.

"Thank you. I hope you'll be alright" she thanked.