chapter 2 | Kalopsia

20 minutes later...

"You stay with me or Jungkook, got it?" he trusts his favorite employee enough to let him keep an eye on me if he's not here, but I acquiesce with pleasure. He takes my answer and walks inside the bar with me behind him while Jungkook is in the back. The music already fills my ear, but fortunately for me, not in a loud manner. I follow my father's steps to get to the bartender who he knows well. I sit down on one of the stools and still feel Jungkook behind me while my dad is on my left.

I've never been to a bar so that feels weird.

"Two whiskeys and one apple juice," he orders to the man but this one chuckles. "We don't sell apple juice Taegu," he peeks at me as he must have understood who wanted this drink. "I have some Coke or Sprite though."

"Coke," I answer him, so he takes the order and gets the drinks ready. "Sit on the last stool," my dad tells me to move, so I do it, and he goes right next to me, making it impossible for me to be next to Jungkook. "So, how is it going at your house?" my father initiates the conversation, not wasting a single minute. "Well...it's a bit tough but...I'm dealing with it."

"You haven't met anyone yet? You don't want to?" the topic interests me, I remain quiet and discreet but listen carefully. "Not really...I'm finally starting to recover from that divorce so...I'm good all alone," his words reveal his singleness. I honestly didn't expect to know this, I thought he was a married man with children. "Yeah, I understand. If my wife wanted to divorce, I think I wouldn't be able to get with anyone else after one year only."

"Hm...The only thing that I regret is that...I married her so early, I was twenty-eight, and I thought she was like the good one because we were together for three years already, and I felt like it was the moment to make her my wife but...I guess I was wrong," a lot of emotions go through his voice, and his words affect me. "You should forget her, even if it's hard. She doesn't deserve to be on your mind because she hurt you."

"Yeah, that's what I tell myself all the time, but I just can't help thinking about her. I mean...I don't love her anymore and would never go back to her no matter what but...it's just the pain and all..." he shrugs and shakes his head. The bartender now comes back with the drinks and lays the glasses before us. "Here you all are."

We thank him and all take a gulp. "Anyway..." Jungkook clears his throat and bends his head back to pass his fingers through his long and wavy hair. "I don't have to worry about anything anymore when I'm alone, so I'm fine."

"That's true," my dad taps his hand on the flat surface for no reason. "You have all your money for yourself, you go out when you want, you flirt when you want and do not have to wonder whether your woman is cheating on you or not."

"You're right, but I don't flirt," he laughs before taking another gulp of his drink. "Ah, you're not that type of man?"

"I don't like one night stands or that sort of thing, so not really. I'm too old for that crap," he talks more about himself and shows how much of a good man he is. I knew it, if he wasn't that type of man, he wouldn't be so caring, sweet and gentle with me.

"Yeah," my dad answers. He's lucky or else I would have punched him and told mom about it. "Well, I need to pee. I'm coming back in a minute. Keep an eye on the little bug here," he points his fingers at me with no care, but I don't say anything since I'm used to it. I'm just the bug of the family.

My father goes away after gulping the rest of his drink down and leaves us both alone. I sip on my Coke with no nervousness at all, after all the things he said to my dad, I feel like it's totally useless to be nervous. He doesn't care about me more than what a dad would. I hate the woman who hurt him though, I can't believe someone would do this to him. He's like the perfect man.