chapter 41 | Last touches

"Good morning, what's happening?" she comes closer and closes the door, but once she sets her eyes on y/n, her gentle and sympathetic face changes of expression. "Good morning, I'm here to talk about y/n and this," I put the test into her sight. "She explained to me what happened, and I know more than anyone that y/n is not a bad or disrespectful student. She doesn't deserve a zero only because her table mate is problematic."

"Oh...uhm..." she doesn't say anything, looking nervous while staring at the piece of paper. "I remember what happened, I just noticed her talk with her table mate, that's the reason why—"

"No," I cut her off and chuckle out of irritation. "She only talked because he was bothering her while she was doing her work. So I do not accept this, and on top of that, you do not have the right to call her a hypocrite when she told you the truth. Aren't you supposed to respect your students?" I never take my eyes off of her, not bearing just the thought of this happening to my baby.

"Sir..." she brushes her hair back, finally looking at me. "I'm sorry about this...I will make her pass the test again..." she suddenly acts weak. "That's not the only thing that matters, I want you to apologize to her for talking to her like that."

"I didn't mean it, y/n. You know it," she does as told without making me wait. "I apologize, I'll make sure to keep Yongsun away from you now. Is that okay?"

She nods to her, and this woman now looks back at me. "I'm sorry about that...This won't happen again."

I acquiesce without saying anything since I know she's acting like that only because she's in front of me. I take y/n's hand in mine and step out for the building with her. "If something like that happens just once more, tell me. All right?" I get hold of her bag to place the test back in the binder, but she smiles at me and nods. Once it's done, I close the zipper and help her to hang her bag on her shoulders.

"Work well, baby. I love you," I cup her face to press a kiss on her lips, but she emits a little sound and grips my jacket. I smile, understanding what she wants, I step forth and envelop her in a warm, fond embrace. She hugs me back as tightly as she can and snuggles her face against my chest. "I love you," she tells me, putting a beam on my face. "I love you too, my little one," I pass my hand over her back to caress it, and I pull away. "See you later, we'll eat your favorite meal," I give a little chuck under her chin and force myself to leave her.

— Four days later —

Friday, January 31, 2020.

4 pm.

I grab my car keys and bag to get out of my office, feeling down at a moment of the day I usually love because I know I'm going home to see my baby and start the weekend.

I step out and close the door behind me but fall upon a few colleagues and my boss, who are talking together and seeming joyful. "Jungkook!" Mister Lee stops me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "What will you bring for the meeting this evening?"

I don't return the smile but put my hand in my pocket. "I'm sorry, but I'm not coming," I say, being honest but seeing the reaction from my colleagues. "What do you mean...? You can't skip it, it's going to be amazing," my boss exasperates me. "I want to stay with my woman. I don't want to celebrate something I'm not happy about," I let it out straightforwardly and step away. I bow to them to be respectful but leave, not willing to stay with them for longer.

This week was tough only because of him, because he decides what I do without asking for my opinion. It passed at the speed of light, way faster than usual weeks that seem long when I want to be at the weekend and stay close to my baby. She cried last night because she knows I'm leaving in three days, and seeing her cry is like the hardest thing for me, especially when it's from pain. I love her more than anything, and we already have to be separated after only three months of relationship, and this will last for two years, I can still not realize it.