chapter 44 | My secret

"Y/n! Sugar baby!" Yongsun, the boy that Jungkook hates and mentioned last night, runs up to me as soon as he notices me among the other students. "Hey," he steps before me to block my way. "Who's that? I never saw you in that car."

"That's none of your business, leave me alone," I roll my eyes and step to the side, but he does the same. "Do you have a new sugar daddy?"

"He's not my sugar daddy, for fuck's sake," I look up into his eyes with some anger, not standing his words once he talks about Jungkook. "Whatever," he finally ceases. "I talked with Minjae yesterday when we were playing to Overwatch, but he told me he still has feelings for you. Do you know you're breaking his heart?"

"I talked about it with him already...he knows I already have someone..." I do not appreciate to talk about this with him, knowing how hurt Minjae still is already and not needing those comments. "Hm. Alrighty then," his cringy words escape his lips.

"Goodbye," I move away from him and get in the building. "How's your daddy doing?" he doesn't leave me alone but keeps walking by my side. I don't answer anything but walk up the stairs. The silence coming from me doesn't please him, he gives a kind tug on my skirt and asks for my attention. "Hey."

"Stop, Yongsun. I'm serious..." I sigh heavily and reach the top of the stairs. "I was just asking..." he drops it, to my greatest relief. "But you seem sad lately, and Minjae told me your man left the country, so I guess that's the reason why you act like that."

"That's exactly the reason why I act and feel like that," I confirm his words and stands before the classroom. "Do you know what he told me?"

"What?" I ask to know only to not be rude, and I lean back on the wall, looking at him. "He said he would like to hug you to comfort you."

I glance away, unable to say something. "He told me he met a girl, did he lie to me?" I try to mention since I cannot answer after what he said. "He met a girl, but he said she's annoying and not as pretty as you are. I mean, he said you're pretty, don't think I did."

"Shut up," I shoot back, hating him and his remarks that I didn't want to hear. "I'm pretty sure he told you not to say that to me."

"You're right, but I can't keep it to myself," he reveals, shamelessly. "You're the worst friend ever. I'll tell him about that just so he doesn't talk to the jerk you are anymore."

"You know this will make him feel embarrassed if he knows that you know about it..." he states the facts, but I shrug. "I don't care. I'll tell him not to feel like that. I understand him."

"You do you," he pretends not to be concerned and smirks. He really only cares about himself.

•••

1 pm.
[ Midnight in New York. ]

I type on my keyboard to write the detail of the device I created since I have a presentation to present all my work to the other employees and my superior. My eyes have been fixed on my laptop screen for more than six hours, I've been on my bed for that long, but my back is still full of cramps, and my head is aching even with the painkiller I swallowed more than one hour ago.

I work even more than when I was with y/n in Korea, I have nothing else to do here, so I only focus on my work, and my baby is not even here to distract or comfort me when I need it. Being single was easier for me than being with y/n but far away from her.

The sound of my phone ringing next to me grasps my attention, I take hold of it but the number displayed astonishes me and makes my heart stop for short seconds.