chapter 17 | Goodbye

"Let's go home," Jungkook stands before me once I'm turned towards him, but I refuse. "Wait just a minute, he wanted to show me—"

"It's late already. I need to cook dinner and work," he speaks in a soft manner to not be rude but grabs my forearm with his veiny and tattooed hand. "Wait, can I have your number or snap?" the boy hurries to take his phone out, so Jungkook stops and allows me to answer. I give him my Snapchat since I know it by heart, and once it's done, he smiles at me, and Jungkook pulls me afar from this boy.

I don't even know his name.

"Why can't I stay?" I complain while gazing at the tall man who's bringing me away, but he just releases his hold to let go of me. "Because we're going home."

"But you were chatting with that other woman just a minute ago, I was making friends for once..." I still stare at him as he seems to be avoiding my face, but he gets to the checkout and waits behind the people. "Ya. I'm talking to you," I cross my arms and step in front of him to make sure he sees me.

His big eyes have a glimpse of me a bit furtively but then land onto my lips, making me feel shy as usual whenever he looks at them. "I answered you. I just chatted for some minutes, but it was over when I came up to you."

"Do you like her...?" my voice becomes quieter as the question left my mouth with doubt. He raises his eyes up for them to meet mine, but a smile curves the corners of his lips up. "Why do you ask that?"

"Because..." I step forth to be closer to him, but the feeling of my phone vibrating makes me take it out of my pocket.

< hey😁 ]

I lift my chin up to check if the boy is still there but see him on his phone, peeking up at me with a smile. I look back at my screen to reply to him.

[ hey, you should tell me your name now lmao I don't even know what it is >

< It's Minjae but I guess yours is y/n from what I heard ]

[ yes it is but how old are you? >

< I'm sixteen ]

[ ah alright I thought you were at least eighteen, you look more like a man😄 >

< seriously? Thank you for this compliment then🥰 ]

I chuckle but put my phone back in my pocket, before taking a look at Jungkook in front of me. He steps to the side to put the items on the conveyor belt and empty the bag he's holding, making me watch him do everything.

Once it's done, we both go forth to let the other people behind us have some space and do the same. "You haven't told me what you want to eat today," Jungkook makes me turn around to face him. I smile but keep my eyes fixed on his big ones. "Cook whatever you want...It's always delicious anyway."

"All right then, and for dessert?" he takes his phone out, using it to type some things. "What you want," I shrug and still let him choose. I know I'm going to feed myself well since I'm with him, so I don't even have to ask for something particular. "Okay," he doesn't insist to get an answer from me but only focuses on his phone. This thing is taking so much time, it's boring.

Not finding anything interesting to do, I lay my eyes on Jungkook and scrutinize his features that I already know by heart. I could spend many hours like this, contemplating him and smiling like an idiot at how cute but hot he can be as a man.

Noticing that I'm being a bit invisible right now, I step forward and go down, before passing between his bodies and arms to hug him and invade his personal space. "What are you doing?" his soft giggles fill my ears, but he doesn't move his arms away, he keeps them around me. "I annoy you since you took me away from that boy..."