chapter 52 | Cuddles

•••

11:30 pm.

The sound of an alarm, that I'm used to hearing, wakes me up. I struggle to leave my sleep that hasn't felt that peaceful and pleasant in years, but I reach out for my phone that was left on the coffee table, and I put an end to it.

I sigh but drop it on the spot it was, and I keep my arm around y/n's neck as she's sleeping with her head on my chest, her arm over my torso, and her leg over mine. Waking up to this is one of the most comforting thing ever, I know I'm going to be happy, too feel good, and have my little dose of joy to start the day perfectly. The thought of it makes me smile, but I turn my head towards her and land a kiss on her forehead.  My eyes close, and I spend some minutes in her arms, relaxing and finally realizing this was not just a dream again, but that she's by my side for real.

I need to make it up so much, I'm going to do everything to make her forget what I've done to her, even if that's almost impossible, I'll never stop pampering her as I've always done.

"Are you awake...?" her sleepy voice curves my lips up, and her fingers caress my skin. "I am, baby," I run my hand through her hair to brush them back, the fluffiness of it making me comb them unceasingly since I know she likes it. She raises her chin up as the fairy lights that decorate the room were having my attention because of the mood they set us in, our eyes meet, and without even saying anything, we both smile at each other.

Her lips kiss mine. "Tell me this wasn't a dream..." she nestles her head in the crook of my neck, but I beam and roll on my side to envelop her figure with my arms and not let go. "This wasn't a dream. Thank god, it wasn't."

"Then I'm fine," she smiles against my skin. She has no idea how good I feel with her right now, that's certainly better than heaven. I make my hold more snug to squeeze her but peck one same spot of her cheek several times to soften this moment. "My little one..." I say the word I hope for her to still like, and she reacts to it in an instant. She gazes into my eyes and shows some delight. "My heart almost stopped beating because of you."

I giggle but join our lips. "You're adorable," I skim her cheekbone but sit up, placing the cover on her more properly. I get on the edge of the sofa and grab my underwear to put it back on, but my actions grasp her attention. "What are you doing?"

"I need to go home and feed my kitten," I grin but take a look at her, holding my trousers in my hands to get ready to put it on. "But I'll come back tomorrow, okay?"

"Tomorrow...?" she does not hide her disappointment, but I glance away and put my pants on. "I want to be with you as well, baby, but I adopted her a few days after I came back here, and I easily get worried. I wouldn't mind coming here with her, but you know...I'm a bit scared of your dog."

"I understand, don't worry," she smiles at me, putting my mind at ease. "I'll bring her to my parents in the morning if you want us to spend the day together, and I'll stay with you," I tell her in case she might be hurt. She nods to me, so I close my belt and lean forth to take hold of the glass that is not empty. I drink the red wine and turn towards her, we remain silent, and I reach out for her hip to rest my hand on it. "Give me your phone," I smile at her, but she does as told without even asking any questions. She unlocks it and hands it to me, so I grab this device and get in her contacts.

I add my number on the list but name it 'My man❤', and I then call my own self to have her number as well. "Here," I lock the phone and give it back to her. "What else did you do?" she suspects something and checks on it to see what I might have done, but I pretend not to know and take my phone. "Nothing...I'm innocent."