chapter 19 | Bite me

We both have been talking to each other every day, but the reaction my body has whenever he texts me is totally different from when the text comes from Jungkook.

< hey, how are you doing? ]

[ I'm doing good, and you? >

< bad asf. I don't want to go to school tomorrow😭 ]

[ don't think about it and enjoy your Sunday😅 >

< how tho? I know my mom is gonna force me to go to bed at 10pm like a damn baby and then wake me up at 6 am. I'm already done with my life...how could you survive till your nineteen? ]

[ good question lmao. If I survived you will too >

< I hope. What are you doing? ]

[ going to the supermarket with my dad, and you? >

< playing fifa. Will you be able to play with me today? ]

[ yes. Once I'm back home I can play with you but I'll have to work. Ill probably be home at 9 so we can play till 2pm then I work till 6 and we can play again till you go to bed. Is that okay? >

< wow. A whole planning😂 that's perfect, I can't wait to play with you. Will that be Alright if we play to Overwatch? ]

[ yes I love that game too >

< great!😊 ]

Now that he doesn't say anything more I check if Jungkook sent something else but quickly found myself being disappointed. I know we spent our night on the phone, from 10 pm to 5 am, but I just like when I see his name appearing on my screen.

"Do you know how old was his ex-wife?" I ask out of the blue, wondering if she was that old compared to me. "I think he said she was around thirty-one. Just like him."

"Oh, all right," I now realize how different she must have been from me. Two different worlds.

•••

9:10 am.

"I'm going to play with my mic on, dad, so don't burst into the room without knocking on the door, okay?" I warn him before having to face an embarrassing moment, but he answers me with an 'All right', so I move to my bedroom and close the door, sit down on my bed, and face my screen. I grab hold of my controller and put my mic on to join Minjae in the party then launch the game.

"Hello?" he speaks momentarily. "Hey," I smile but fix my mic, making sure he doesn't hear me swallowing or breathing. "Ah finally, I wanted to play with you so much. You have no idea," he laughs but makes me chuckle. "Really? Why?"

"I don't know...I wanted to play with you," he doesn't give any good reason for it, probably avoiding the truth. "Well then, I'm here now and until 6 pm."

"Great, are you good at this game?" he asks me without even knowing how bad I am. "I am...a trash at this," I give him the real answer to this while mocking myself. "Aw, don't worry. We can practice together if you want."

"Why? Are you a pro?" I lick my lips but expect him to say yes. "Not a pro, a master," his haughtiness causes me to scoff but love the confidence he has. "Well, well. Let's see that."

"Yeah, I'm ready to show you," he clears his throat but invites me to his group. I join him while both staying silent and pray for my connection to be good. Once I'm in the same team as him, I check my character that is the one I used the last time I played to this, which means this dates back to some months.