chapter 6 | Cherish

•••

8 am.

"Tell me whenever you want me to cook breakfast, all right?" Jungkook turns around from his chair at the table to look at me while I'm playing to the PS4 on his extra large u-shaped sofa. I nod but focus, knowing he's working at the moment. "Are you hungry that you ask me?" I voice out with one of the sides of the headset put behind my ear for me to hear him if he speaks. "Yes, but I want to know when you want to eat."

"You can cook now then," I answer since I wouldn't want him to stay hungry just for me. "All right, but you're going to eat, right?"

"You can just cook for you, I always skip breakfast anyway," I fume from the inside as I just got killed in my game. "You're in my house, so you won't skip any meal," he suddenly shows some authority but in a sweet manner. The type of caring authority, if that even sounds logical. I smile but don't respond, I just keep playing.

After some minutes, he stands up, so I pull my headset down and drop the controller on my lower stomach, keeping my legs bent. I stretch my body and take a look at my left to see Jungkook now that the match is over. I love when he wears his glasses.

"What are you going to cook?" I keep my eyes fixed on him, feeling comfortable and good in here, even though we only know each other for maybe two months. I feel like at home, I don't know why.

"Do you want a sweet or salty breakfast?" he washes his hand but gives me an ultimatum. What would I like more right now? I'm too hungry to pick. "Salty," I still do it.

"Good choice," he chuckles but dries his hand. Since I don't want to leave him all alone for this, I stay in the menu of my game and get my headset and controller on the sofa to walk up to him. "Can I help?"

"You can play if you want," he looks at me and takes a pan out of a piece of furniture. "No...I want to be with you..." I bend over the kitchen island where he's about to cook and watch him. "All right, give me your opinion then. What do you think about rice mixed with a few raw eggs and cooked vegetables to fill a crepe? Does that tempt you?"

"Totally," my hunger worsens at the sound of this, unable to wait after such a teaser. This seems terribly delicious, and I haven't forgotten the fact that he said he's a good chef, so I'm eager to taste his food. "Perfect, this is going to be our breakfast then," he gets to the fridge behind him and opens it to take some ingredients out of it and place them next to the pan. I put my elbows down on the flat surface and rest my chin on my hands.

"Would you like to go out tomorrow?" he turns back towards me, but his question already excites me. "Where?"

"Well, I asked you, so I don't know," a soft giggle escapes him while he's passing the vegetables under the water. "Would you like to go shopping?"

"I haven't done it for a while so...I gladly say yes to this," I smile at him, feeling happy to know I'm going to have a great day outside. My parents are always working, and I have no close friends I'd like to see, so I'm never able to spend some time outside. "All right, we'll go to the mall."

"Are you going to cook for dinner and dessert?" I change the subject as some thoughts went through my head, and he acquiesces to this. "Yes, I have a special guest, so I'm going to enjoy cooking even more."

That's cute. "Do you have a sight problem or are your glasses just for blue light?" I get curious again, wondering why he sometimes wears them and sometimes not. "This is to rest my eyes because the ophthalmologist told me I tire my eyes a lot by forcing on them to see something."

"Ah okay, I have the same problem," I understand but now try to be quiet since he's cutting a zucchini. "Why don't you wear your glasses?" he peeks up at me in a brief manner but moves his wrist again, cutting the slices with a lot of experience in his movement. His veins and tattoos are very captivating. "I forgot them at home..."