chapter 35 | Embrace me

"All right, thank you," he hangs up and moves the phone down to glance at me, with no promising gaze. "Sir..."

/ flashback \

'YOUR P.O.V'

4 pm.

The doorbell rings, grasping my attention right away. I keep my phone in my bold and walk up to the door, but I check who it is since Jungkook would never ignore my texts before coming home, let alone knock on the door and not use his key.

I stand on my tiptoes to peek into the peephole, but I step back at the sound of a trembling boom made by the door. This is not Jungkook, these are the men who were there when we were shopping, the scary ones.

I turn all the lights off and hurry to use the first furniture I see to push it towards the door, the fright taking over me, I start to panic, and my heart rushes madly. "Open, sweetie! We're here to talk about your lover!" he yells, giving multiples blows into the door. I block it with the heavy furniture and run to my bedroom to lock the door behind me, I dash to my bathroom and lock this door as well before grabbing the first item that could harm someone, the knife Jungkook always told me to keep in here in case something might happen. All after his nightmare happened, what if this was foreshadowing?

A loud banging sound startles me, but I go down on the floor, near the door, and try to call the police, sobbing, shaking, and fearing the worst. I need to know where Jungkook is, how he is feeling, but I need to dial the police number like he told me to do in this type of situation.

Unfortunately for me, nothing works, I do not understand why, but I cannot call anyone. I try to call Jungkook as well, but this doesn't work either. My heart doesn't stop punching me in the chest, the sound of the men destroying the windows of the house are terrifying me, and I don't know what to do, I cannot breathe, I cannot think at all. I'm almost paralyzed.

They do not go slowly but shout my name, tapping in everything, causing some shrieking sounds of annihilation, probably shattering everything around them. I shake on my spot but drop my phone on the floor to keep a strong grip on the knife.

The monstrous dread running through my veins prompts me to do something in a hurry, I glance up at the windows, seeing the only way out for me. I know this window reminds me of Jungkook's nightmare, what this one caused, and the end it gave to my fate. I pant from anxiousness, but without thinking twice about what I'm doing, I grab my phone and rush to the window to open it and not care about the noise it might make since I cannot waste a single second. Once the outside is near my reach, I jump over the sill and land on the grass, all my blood boiling inside of me and rushing through my veins, I cry but run away from here as quickly as my wobbling legs allow me to. I do not know where I'm going, but I'm just going, I escape from this.

I do not look behind me but only go straight to never see anything in the back, I pass through the neighbors' backyard to not be in the bad men's sight any longer, but once I'm far enough from this house, I pick the first house I see to knock on the doors and ask for help, feeling on the verge of collapsing because of all the pressure.

In no time at all, the sliding door gets opened, but I beg him to let me in. "Please, Sir, someone is trying to hurt me, I'm scared, and I need to call the police—" I stop my sentence once I notice his eyes land on the knife I'm holding. I put it down to make sure he doesn't believe I'll harm him, crying my eyes out and checking on my left all the time to see if someone followed me. "Where do you live?" the adult man waits before giving me permission to enter his house, my blurry sight smudging his traits. I give him the location of Jungkook's house, begging him to not leave me outside when the men could arrive with some guns at any moment. "I live with Jungkook...please..."