chapter 23 | Whispers

A lip kiss occurs, by accident.

"What did you—" I gape but put my hand over my lips instinctively. "I—I'm sorry..." I apologize, feeling like he didn't appreciate this although it was an accident.

An exhalation that sounds like a chortle runs out of him, relieving me of a heavy weight I had over my shoulders after what I thought was an awful regret. "I wondered what you were doing, so I looked in your direction. That's my fault, don't worry."

I keep quiet but get on my back to not add anything more. I lick my lips, remembering the feeling of his soft and thin ones on mine that left a comforting warmth on my skin.

"That was my first kiss..." I nibble on my inner cheek but feel ashamed of what I just let out. "Well..." he says through the silence, the room sounding empty. "I'm sorry for ruining it then."

"No...it was with you...so I'm happy..." I tell him straightforwardly but realize how weird this could sound. "I mean...not that I knew this would happen or that—"

"It's fine, baby," he chuckles, but my heart leaps out of my chest. I can't believe he called me baby. The butterflies in my stomach are going insane. "Go to sleep, I can hear your brain overwork," he mocks me as the nervousness must have been obvious in my voice. "Good night..." I still answer him since I didn't do it, but he turns towards me, touching my chin, delicately, to cup it and flutter my poor heart with a kiss on my cheekbone.

"Good night," his low voice gets my lips to curve up into a smile, but after this, I cuddle up against him, and he holds me close to his strong body.

— Next day —

Thursday, October 31, 2019.

6:20 am.

I get out of the bathroom after getting ready but don't see y/n on the bed anymore. I fix my dress shirt in my pants and grab hold of my phone to walk up to the living room.

As soon as I'm out of the bedroom, the smell of food fills my nose, and I sigh, now understanding why y/n wasn't on the bed once I came back. I join her there, but in a silent manner to poke her waist once I'm at her reach and make her jump on her spot. "Good morning," I chuckle but put my phone in my pocket, smiling at her as she was startled.

"Ya...don't scare me like that..." she reacts with her well-known shyness but already offers me a warm hug, for me to start the day well. "Did you have a good night?" her arms make their clasp more snug, and I drop a kiss on her head. "Yes, I did. What about you?" I run my fingers through her hair but take a look at the food cooking right next to us. "I did too."

I slightly bend over to check the food a bit more but feel her getting on her tiptoes to press a kiss on my jawline when I'm still playing with her hair, making my heart flutter with love. I smile but lay my other hand on the kitchen island on my right to look down at her but allow myself to kiss her cheekbone.

She smiles at me, the softness of her gaze given to my soul making me feel loved. I slide my hand down to the nape of her neck to rub the tip of my fingers on it. "Another one..." she asks in a low and faint voice, but I chuckle and gaze up into her eyes. After what she said last night, I don't want to hold back anymore. I use my right hand to bring it to her cheek with delicacy and join our lips.

I caress her skin and part my lips against hers, feeling her follow this to let me embrace them and kiss her more intimately, getting my heart to beat faster like it hasn't done for someone for a while. I hold her jawline and give her a sweet kiss, losing myself in this moment. The tip of my nose brushes past her cheekbone, and our lips play with each other fondly.