chapter 12 | Ethereal

"What...what happened last night...? I don't know why I can't remember anything after a certain time..."

"What do you remember?" I ask her before revealing everything, her hands getting under the table to not eat yet. Her gaze is totally different from usual. "I remember going there with you...then meeting my friend but drinking my Coke and then...nothing...or...I don't know..."

"Have you drunk alcohol, y/n?" I ask, no matter what I got to know last night, she shakes her head. "No, I promise I didn't do anything you forbade me to."

"All right, I believe you," I trust her words with no doubt but don't dare to fill my mouth with the pancakes I cooked. "A lot of things happened last night," I lick my lips, but her eyes staring into mine makes it hard for me to speak out. "I don't want you to see this guy or even talk to him again, all right?"

"Why?" she doesn't know anything about it yet. "He drugged you," I tell her the truth, but she reacts momentarily to this. "I...I swear I didn't take anything he gave me, I can still remember that the bartender is the one who served me, and I always kept my drink in my hand."

"Sweetie, I don't know how this happened, but I know this isn't your fault so don't feel bad," I reassure her as I can already hear her feel guilty. "I know this guy, he's the nephew of the man that you saw in the parking lot, and he abused all his girlfriends...so...don't worry, I made him regret what he did."

"Did I do something...?" this horrible question comes to me. I clear my throat anxiously but cross my arms over the table. "A lot of things, it was a bit hard to calm you down, but I managed to put you to sleep," I force a smile but don't give the details, fearing she could take it the wrong way. "What does that mean...?"

"You...Please, I'm going to be honest with you so don't feel bad about it or embarrassed," I rub my fingers over my neck. "But you kept on saying some things and you got naked..." my honesty gets her to be shocked by the words. "I kept my eyes away from you as much as I could but because of the drug, you could barely stand on your feet, so I had to carry you to your bed then I went into my bathroom to take a bath...but you joined me into it and...you kissed me..." I bite my lips, seeing her face expressing all the stupefaction and embarrassment. "Then I had to go back to your bedroom, put the clothes you wore in the morning, and check up on you all night long..."

A heavy silence drops a weight of awkwardness in the room to engender a lot of tension. "It's all right, y/n. You don't have to feel bad or embarrassed around me..." I try to make her feel more at ease with me, but she lowers her gaze. "What did I say to you...?"

I nibble on my inner cheek but gulp down, not feeling ready enough to say this. "I don't think I should tell you—"

"Tell me," she gazes up into my eyes. "Please...I don't want to not know what I might have said to you. Even if it's wrong, I need to know."

"You said you wanted me and wanted to have sex and wanted my..." I get stuck here after letting out all the words as fast as possible to not think twice. "You kept on talking about pleasuring me and that stuff..." I tell her the whole truth since she asked for it but don't look away. "You didn't do anything...?" she brings one hand up to hide a part of her face and bite her finger. "No, of course I didn't, y/n. I would never do that when you're drugged."

We both stare at each other as I think my sentence wasn't formulated well. "If I wasn't drugged...you—"

"N—No, I didn't mean to say that..." I bite my lips out of shame but stir into my food. "I...I meant that I wouldn't take advantage of you..." I dig my grave even deeper as I realize the more I talk the more I worsen my case. "I understood...don't worry," she smiles in an uncomfortable manner as if she wanted to not show how ill at ease she is. The fact that she asked me this question hurts me though, hearing that she would think for one second that I would dare touch her in this situation is a bit hard to stand as a man.